White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
My favorite thing in the world is watching the Sox strand lead off doubles.

That Thome pop-up to the left side of the infield on Friday will haunt me forever...JUST MOVE THE RUNNER OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

We shoud have tried to make outs all weekend and maybe we'd have gotten hits.

It's been that bad.

Now I know how the Astros felt when we swept them in the WS.

Can we rebound and beat these assholes next weekend?? Three more of these would really be bad.

They'll be loose as hell after kicking the living s*** out of us at Wrigley.

It will take some balls to win the first game of that series.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
Wait until Kershaw gets hold of this offense on Thursday. :chair

I'm not buying into the Kershaw hype. I mean he has good stuff, but whenever I watched him I wasn't overly impressed. His fastball is much too straight and while his curve can be devistating, he still needs to get it over consistently to be effective in the pros.

I think he'll be a good starter, but I don't think he'll be some super ace ESPN is making him out to be.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
I'm not buying into the Kershaw hype. I mean he has good stuff, but whenever I watched him I wasn't overly impressed. His fastball is much too straight and while his curve can be devistating, he still needs to get it over consistently to be effective in the pros.

I think he'll be a good starter, but I don't think he'll be some super ace ESPN is making him out to be.

Good stuff or not, he's a LHP and he'll be facing this offense. You know what the outcome of that will be, come on now.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 23, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
The Dodgers need pitching big time if they want to stay in the race in the NL West, perhaps they'd have interest in Contreras... It's all been a fantasy of mine to somehow get Ethier as well.

So we're going to trade from a position where we have no possible replacements for a guy who plays at positions we have stars at?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
Good stuff or not, he's a LHP and he'll be facing this offense. You know what the outcome of that will be, come on now.

Oh, I know. 9 out of 10 times when this offense faces a lefty they've never seen before, results will not be good.