The Democrat Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
Really you had to go with the misogynist one?

But it's even funnier when it is applied to MSNBC's male viewers.

anyways, since when are you so sensitive? always talking in about 'tea bagging' and 'birthers'

:lol:

Edited by mr_genius

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 10:43 PM)
Meh, I ain't worried, I never watch that network. In fact, you couldn't pay me to watch it, even unemployed.

if someone paid you enough you would watch MSNBC.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
Co-worker yesterday mentioned that he called his kid's school principle to make sure his kids are pulled from class during Obama's education speech to students across America.

*shakes head*

Ridiculous. I wouldn't do that for Bush, or Obama, or any other President. Its basically taking your own pettiness and projecting it through you child.

I saw someone on Facebook vote in a "poll" asking whether or not schools should get parental permission first before they kids have to watch this speech. Seriously now, are we getting this petty? Do people really feel the need to teach their kids that some President, ANY President, "isn't their President"?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Ridiculous. I wouldn't do that for Bush, or Obama, or any other President. Its basically taking your own pettiness and projecting it through you child.

I saw someone on Facebook vote in a "poll" asking whether or not schools should get parental permission first before they kids have to watch this speech. Seriously now, are we getting this petty? Do people really feel the need to teach their kids that some President, ANY President, "isn't their President"?

Well, I'll try and be serious about this discussion. When I heard about this, it pissed me off. Obama projects himself everywhere. To me, it's ALMOST (yes, again, I'm trying to discuss this rationally) indoctrination for him to push himself into the class room. NSS, you did the right thing by putting that filter out there. And honestly, I would have the same trouble with this for GWB, or any other president. It's "campaignesque". OH COOL, OBAMA TALKED TO "ME". I just don't like it, period. And then that memo that went with it. "What can you do to help our President"... please. This is a calculated move to "be cool" and influence future voters.

OK, there's no Kaperbole ™ for once with this post - that's my side of it, and it would be nice to "debate" this without the poo poo being slung.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
Pat Buchanan should just die already.

His ideas are about 6 or 7 decades too old at this point. He wrote an article a few months ago about evolution that was straight out of 1950's creationism literature.

Yea. He's juuuuuuust a little bit wacky.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Well, I'll try and be serious about this discussion. When I heard about this, it pissed me off. Obama projects himself everywhere. To me, it's ALMOST (yes, again, I'm trying to discuss this rationally) indoctrination for him to push himself into the class room. NSS, you did the right thing by putting that filter out there. And honestly, I would have the same trouble with this for GWB, or any other president. It's "campaignesque". OH COOL, OBAMA TALKED TO "ME". I just don't like it, period. And then that memo that went with it. "What can you do to help our President"... please. This is a calculated move to "be cool" and influence future voters.

OK, there's no Kaperbole ™ for once with this post - that's my side of it, and it would be nice to "debate" this without the poo poo being slung.

He's the President of the United States - not a candidate, but the sitting President. These kids should feel lucky to have this, from any President. Now if the kids decide they don't like him, hey, that's all fine and dandy. But treat them like adults here - let them watch, take it in, and decide what to think. They don't need their parents turning it into a fight.

just for ol' times sake:

Levi Johnston: Palin Offered To Adopt Baby, Talked About Resigning After 2008 Election To "Triple The Money"

Sarah was sad for a while. She walked around the house pouting. I had assumed she was going to go back to her job as governor, but a week or two after she got back she started talking about how nice it would be to quit and write a book or do a show and make "triple the money." It was, to her, "not as hard." She would blatantly say, "I want to just take this money and quit being governor."

Sarah told me she had a great idea: we would keep it a secret--nobody would know that Bristol was pregnant. She told me that once Bristol had the baby she and Todd would adopt him. That way, she said, Bristol and I didn't have to worry about anything. Sarah kept mentioning this plan. She was nagging--she wouldn't give up. She would say, "So, are you gonna let me adopt him?" We both kept telling her we were definitely not going to let her adopt the baby. I think Sarah wanted to make Bristol look good, and she didn't want people to know that her 17-year-old daughter was going to have a kid.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)

Dude, can we please just let her go away? You posting little annoying stories that don't say much anyway is just prolonging the pain.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)

I sent him this link today and told him to take his kids there instead of going to school that day.

http://creationmuseum.org/

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
He's the President of the United States - not a candidate, but the sitting President. These kids should feel lucky to have this, from any President. Now if the kids decide they don't like him, hey, that's all fine and dandy. But treat them like adults here - let them watch, take it in, and decide what to think. They don't need their parents turning it into a fight.

And Reagan did the same thing in 1988 talking about why gun control was wrong. Bush 41 did it in 1991 too.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
Pastor calls for President's Death

edit: that article kinda sucks. Here's another one from Fox about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/08/31...test=latestnews

Best part:

"I hope that God strikes Barack Obama with brain cancer so he can die like Ted Kennedy and I hope it happens today," he told MyFOXPhoenix on Sunday. He called his message "spiritual warfare" and said he does not condone killing.

LOL

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 12:07 PM)
And Reagan did the same thing in 1988 talking about why gun control was wrong. Bush 41 did it in 1991 too.

Well, that might upset me a little more since he was not talking about education, but about guns, which seems inappropriate for a childhood audience to me. Even then though, I still wouldn't pull my kid out of class, I'd just try to explain to my kid ahead of time what was going on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
Well, that might upset me a little more since he was not talking about education, but about guns, which seems inappropriate for a childhood audience to me. Even then though, I still wouldn't pull my kid out of class, I'd just try to explain to my kid ahead of time what was going on.

How dare you be so level-headed.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
How dare you be so level-headed.

I just refuse to use my child as a tool for whatever political views I might have. Its akin to when you see parents at Little League games yelling and screaming like buffoons, clearly trying to live out their own competitive dreams through their kids. Makes me ill.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
I just refuse to use my child as a tool for whatever political views I might have. Its akin to when you see parents at Little League games yelling and screaming like buffoons, clearly trying to live out their own competitive dreams through their kids. Makes me ill.

I hear you.

It's so disheartening to have my daughter come up from Texas and parrot Rush Limbaugh talking points. I'm astounded that her mother would be so petty and immature to brain wash a pre-teen like that. I don't remember giving a rats ass about politics when I was 12 and 13.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 12:17 PM)
I hear you.

It's so disheartening to have my daughter come up from Texas and parrot Rush Limbaugh talking points. I'm astounded that her mother would be so petty and immature to brain wash a pre-teen like that. I don't remember giving a rats ass about politics when I was 12 and 13.

Well, if my kid wants to do that, so be it. I'll happily engage them in debate, even at a young age. But young is young, they haven't necessarily learned yet where they will actually stand on things. Rush is just a windbag anyway, regardless of what side of the argument he's on, so I'm sure your daughter will figure that out eventually.