• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
I think there's a difference.

I agree there is a difference.

However, I really think Boehner here was trying to play to both sides - saying he wants to find a middle ground, but also won't budge much. It will be interesting to see how things actually play out.

You want to be seriously impressed? This one took some cojones. A 3:30 minute rant on Fox and Friends about how evil it is of the U.S. Senate to leave the thousands of 9/11 responders hung out to dry on that health care bill.

3:30 of a patriotic rant...without noting a single time that all of the 42 votes against it were Republicans and all 57 in favor were Democrats. The entire time, just stating "The U.S. Senate" or "The Congress".

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 12:37 AM)
Boehner needs to take notes on how Newt Gingrich went down in flames and ended up punching himself out before he starts trying to sound like he's not going to stop until he has everything his way.

Basically, don't cheat on your wife while impeaching the President for doing the same?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
Exactly. You're trying to compare the two when they're not comparable. Clinton got in trouble because he lied, not because he enjoyed a fine cigar with the company of women.

I don't believe I compared the two. I believe the original comparison was Boehner and Gingrich. Gingrich resigned because he cheated on his wife while impeaching a President in a case built on Clinton cheating on his wife.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Exactly. You're trying to compare the two when they're not comparable. Clinton got in trouble because he lied, not because he enjoyed a fine cigar with the company of women.

The whole concept of him having to testify for something so meaningless was a joke. Who the f*** cares if he cheated on his wife? How does that affect anything whatsoever? I'd say a large portion of people in all 3 branches of government have been unfaithful to their spouses. Should we have all of them testify? What a farce.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
I don't believe I compared the two. I believe the original comparison was Boehner and Gingrich. Gingrich resigned because he cheated on his wife while impeaching a President in a case built on Clinton cheating on his wife.

I thought your point was that he shouldn't be like Newt, pointing the finger at Clinton for doing the same thing?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
The whole concept of him having to testify for something so meaningless was a joke. Who the f*** cares if he cheated on his wife? How does that affect anything whatsoever? I'd say a large portion of people in all 3 branches of government have been unfaithful to their spouses. Should we have all of them testify? What a farce.

I agree 100%, but he did, and he lied, which made it all worse.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 13, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
Boehner needs to take notes on how Newt Gingrich went down in flames and ended up punching himself out before he starts trying to sound like he's not going to stop until he has everything his way.

Gingrich actually managed to work with a Dem White House and get some things done, before he imploded. Right now, that would be a victory, if Boehner could do the same.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)
Gingrich actually managed to work with a Dem White House and get some things done, before he imploded. Right now, that would be a victory, if Boehner could do the same.

Boehner is a f***ing hack jackass. Yea, I said it.

He'll be thrown out on his ass in two years and Ms. Pelosi will ride right back into power on the heels of her f***ing hack jackass president.

The whole damn group of them are asshatery at its finest.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 14, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I was talking about Gingrich's government shutdowns, where he tried to punk Clinton and ended up getting mushroom stamped. He lost his leadership position before the other s*** because he was ineffective.

?

He didn't lose his leadership position until the affair came out during the impeachment December. It then quickly went to Livingston, I presume, who also immediately lost it because he was cheating on his wife. It then went to Tom Delay's handpicked guy, Hastert.

Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, suggests that the Senate should come back to work after Christmas and work til Jan 4, the last actual day of the lame duck session, since there are so many things still on the agenda (because none of them can get 60 votes until millionaires get their tax cut). Here's Republican Senator from Arizona, Jon Kyl.

It is impossible to do all of the things that the majority leader laid out, frankly, without disrespecting the institution and without disrespecting one of the two holiest of holidays for Christians and the families of all of the Senate, not just the senators themselves but all of the staff.

I don't know if this is the right spot to put this, but I don't want to get flamed in that other thread. George W. Bush's book is a trainwreck. I try to read Presidential memoirs or what have you when they come out, but I've never read such a simple book. Seriously, these are the least complex sentences of all-time. If he even had a hand in writing this, it makes me truly sad. It's like a junior high school kid wrote it and used a thesaurus to replace some words.

Also, I could punch him for the Stem Cell chapter and his reasoning behind decisions based on that.

Edited by Steve9347