• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
I'm pretty sure that Kap was really unhappy with the Egyptian uprising.

Yea, actually, at the time I was because it's the evil regime you know versus the evil regime you don't now know.

Although, I think they pretty much know who they're dealing with now. I won't even get into how I know that one.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 3, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
Hank Williams Jr Compares Obama To Hitler On 'Fox & Friends'

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread. Supposed to be in the Dem thread. Mods please move.

Granted there is almost 6 years of references missing, but point made.

http://semiskimmed.net/bushhitler.html

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)
Granted there is almost 6 years of references missing, but point made.

http://semiskimmed.net/bushhitler.html

It's actually somewhat remarkable how low on the totem poll most of those names are even compared with "Hank Williams Jr.". About the only 2 who still produce content or information for anything are Soros and Ted Rall, and I always found Ted Rall way too deliberately over the top/offensive for me.

Anyway...I assume you endorse giving Hank Williams the same treatment that the Dixie Chicks received? Dropping his music fully from the airwaves, public burnings of his albums, etc.? If your defense is "They did it too!" then that's a pretty natural following step.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
I'm just glad you guys care about name calling again... At least if it doesn't involve class warfare.

He can call him whatever he wants. But its entirely reasonable to expect a business/consumer backlash against his stuff, and an entirely reasonable business move for ESPN to end its association with him in response. Then again...that sort of stuff is so prevalent on Fox that he probably just got himself a weekend talkshow contract if he wants it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)
He can call him whatever he wants. But its entirely reasonable to expect a business/consumer backlash against his stuff, and an entirely reasonable business move for ESPN to end its association with him in response. Then again...that sort of stuff is so prevalent on Fox that he probably just got himself a weekend talkshow contract if he wants it.

Did you guys miss the part where the hosts apologized for Hank's comments? That stuff is prevalent, in your mind, perhaps.

I didn't really care about the comparison to Hitler. What bothered me more was the follow-up comment that "he's the enemy." I'm so tired of these parties and how they've completely divided the country into two separate camps that simply cannot (and apparently should not) agree on any issue ever. That's such bulls***. It happens in both parties as a campaign strategy and it's f***ing disgusting.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 09:50 AM)

What that proved was that it is just a convenient of a slur for the left. And you can step off of your soapbox because no one here has said it was OK.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Did you miss the whole "well no one really important said it... well except for the Democrats biggest funder.."

George Soros is the Democrats biggest funder?

If so...can I say that the Tea Party are all committing Treason because their biggest funder has subverted the Iranian sanctions?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Did you miss the whole "well no one really important said it... well except for the Democrats biggest funder.."

I guess I don't get what your point here is. Hank Williams Jr. said something pretty offensive and was pulled from a very public promotional spot. Why does it matter if some people on the other team said the same thing about Bush?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
I guess I don't get what your point here is. Hank Williams Jr. said something pretty offensive and was pulled from a very public promotional spot. Why does it matter if some people on the other team said the same thing about Bush?

It matters if they were treated any differently by the media and/or given a pass for equally poor behavior.

If not, then it doesn't matter.

I think these entertainers need to do their job and entertain, and shut the f*** up about politics, because they often give vulnerable and impressionable youngsters very bad ideas by saying something outlandish, stupid or otherwise, whether they believe it or not.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 10:18 AM)
It matters if they were treated any differently by the media and/or given a pass for equally poor behavior.

I think these entertainers need to do their job and entertain, and shut the f*** up about politics, because they often give vulnerable and impressionable youngsters very bad ideas by saying something outlandish, stupid or otherwise, whether they believe it or not.

Bingo. The people who care now, didn't care three years ago.

"Several recent studies have found that 95 percent of climate scientists are convinced that the planet is rapidly warming as a result of human activity. But a George Mason University-Yale University poll in May found that only 13 percent of the public realizes that scientists have come to that conclusion. You would expect conservatives to stand with 95 percent of the scientific community and to grow the 13 percent into a working majority. Normally, we deal in facts, we accept science and we counter sentiment," - Former Congressman (2010 Tea Party casualty) Bob Inglis (R-SC).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)

I'd say that pretty much no one on 2k5's list was a regular media personality at the time. However, for saying something comparatively mild, the Dixie Chicks had radio stations organizing nationwide burnings of their albums and unofficial bans of playing their music. I'm waiting for the Hank Williams Jr. music burnings to start.