The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Those last two sentences are supposed to be in green right?

I forgot, he walks on water and shoot pixie dust out his ass, heals the sick, has no evil bones in his body and makes women faint in his mere presence.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
I forgot, he walks on water and shoot pixie dust out his ass, heals the sick, has no evil bones in his body and makes women faint in his mere presence.

Ok, we've had some heated discussion in here today on issues, but this is crossing the line. Everyone needs to cool it now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
I find it ironic that this is now an issue, while no one on the other said cared about voter fraud days ago.

Nor the foreign contribution Obama got during his campaign thru his website.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Was Obama's contributions documented?

Yes. An FEC complaint was filed by the RNC. The Obama and McCain campaigns both made some effort to avoid things that would be contributions in kind (i.e. merchandise sales) overseas without verification using a U.S. passport number. Both sides did make efforts to return contributions that were proven to be from overseas. I have no idea what happened on the FEC complaint; it seems it made a very, very brief appearance (it was a news story October 5th-7th 2008 on Fox, Breitbart, and various other right-leaning sites) and then was never heard from again.

Holder and the DOJ , doing a bang up job with the military ballots. Wonderful oversight boys. :notworthy :notworthy

New York, Illinois...who's next?

Somehow if it were an inner city precinct I believe the reaction from the AG would be different.

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
Holder and the DOJ , doing a bang up job with the military ballots. Wonderful oversight boys. :notworthy :notworthy

New York, Illinois...who's next?

Somehow if it were an inner city precinct I believe the reaction from the AG would be different.

I feel like I ask this every time you post something... what are you referring to? What is the story here?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)

So from the actual news source, the key graf:

Cris Cray, Director of Legislation at the Illinois State Board of Elections, says not all of Illinois' 110 jurisdictions were compliant with the 2009 Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE).

Looks like not all jurisdictions got the ballots out, at least not all of them. If this is any more than a few isolated situations, then I hope the feds go after them. It also, however, looks like its not IL SecState who handles this, its the 110 counties or jurisdictions that do it.

So, the blog entry on "The Blaze" is clearly not actually a report of news, its an opinion going at times outside the facts. Still, looks like there could be fire there somewhere.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)

First, let me say it's ridiculous that something like this could be overlooked. According to the original story, this has happened in NY and New Mexico as well. It seems like those cases have been settled, so that could give some indication to what this actually means and what the potential results are.

The headline for that blog and the first paragraph are misleading, though. It makes it seem as if no overseas ballots will count in Illinois. Neither article gives a source for the scale of the problem. And, actually, if you compare the first paragraph of the blog to the original WLS article portion:

Cray says she is currently compiling data from each of Illinois' jurisdictions to determine which were compliant and which were delinquent. Cray said it's possible the ballots may not be counted because the state was tardy in sending them out.

It seems deliberately dishonest to implicate the "Democratic Secretary of State", as if it were a politically-motivated action taken by Jesse White. Based on the WLS article, it seems that the problem comes from some level below the Secretary of State, that it isn't one central office or Jesse White himself sending these out. Ultimately, "the buck stops here" and White needs to answer for any problems in his department, but that blog is slanted to say the least.

And, finally, why are Holder and the DOJ being implicated by cknolls? What different action do you suspect would happen with an inner city precinct that didn't get enough ballots or voting machines? Because that happens in pretty much every election. edit: also, in New York, it says the five boroughs were in violation. Yeah, pretty sure that covers some inner city precincts.

Edited by StrangeSox

Anyone know where i can find ANY news on Charlie Wilson beating his wife. Seems Google and any/all Ohio press have zilch on it. But unsealing divorce records all over it. No need to answer. Can't imagine why people use newspapers for their pets to s*** on...

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Anyone know where i can find ANY news on Charlie Wilson beating his wife. Seems Google and any/all Ohio press have zilch on it. But unsealing divorce records all over it. No need to answer. Can't imagine why people use newspapers for their pets to s*** on...

So if there is no news on it, what makes you think it happened? Did you witness it?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
First, let me say it's ridiculous that something like this could be overlooked. According to the original story, this has happened in NY and New Mexico as well. It seems like those cases have been settled, so that could give some indication to what this actually means and what the potential results are.

The headline for that blog and the first paragraph are misleading, though. It makes it seem as if no overseas ballots will count in Illinois. Neither article gives a source for the scale of the problem. And, actually, if you compare the first paragraph of the blog to the original WLS article portion:

It seems deliberately dishonest to implicate the "Democratic Secretary of State", as if it were a politically-motivated action taken by Jesse White. Based on the WLS article, it seems that the problem comes from some level below the Secretary of State, that it isn't one central office or Jesse White himself sending these out. Ultimately, "the buck stops here" and White needs to answer for any problems in his department, but that blog is slanted to say the least.

And, finally, why are Holder and the DOJ being implicated by cknolls? What different action do you suspect would happen with an inner city precinct that didn't get enough ballots or voting machines? Because that happens in pretty much every election. edit: also, in New York, it says the five boroughs were in violation. Yeah, pretty sure that covers some inner city precincts.

Who enforces the MOVE ACT?

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Who enforces the MOVE ACT?

What would you like for them to have done differently? They're not in charge of getting the ballots out. That falls on the individual state agencies. So, yeah, Jesse White deserves some flack for offices under him messing up, but attacking the DOJ and White directly (like the blog post) doesn't make much sense to me.

They're investigating it. It actually did happen in inner city precincts (New York at least, we don't know what parts of Illinois).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
So if there is no news on it, what makes you think it happened? Did you witness it?

How about their divorce records from 20 years ago. And her affadavit stating his wonderful behavior. Or maybe she was making it up ...Get real here would you guys... The press is a shill and you guys will find a way to defend their silence here too.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
How about their divorce records from 20 years ago. And her affadavit stating his wonderful behavior. Or maybe she was making it up ...Get real here would you guys... The press is a shill and you guys will find a way to defend their silence here too.

For informational purposes, here's a link to the affidavit. (at least according to the Brietbart blog, link is blocked at my office).

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)

If we replaced "military voters" with any other issue, the idea that the executive branch should be doing random checks of the behavior of state governments would outrage people about the crazy President and his lackey needing to control everything.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)

There's a big lack of supporting evidence for the claims in those links, such as:

Yet inside the DOJ, the crack unit made inquiries in Illinois and went away satisfied that all was well, nothing to worry about.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)

I defended nothing. I was just wondering how you somehow learned, apparently by osmosis, that this even occurred. If you didn't witness it, and you didn't see it in the press, how could you know about it?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
I defended nothing. I was just wondering how you somehow learned, apparently by osmosis, that this even occurred. If you didn't witness it, and you didn't see it in the press, how could you know about it?

The "press" doesn't include blogs. See the previous page for a link to the relevant affidavit.

It does seem to be lacking coverage in the press, but the story "broke" on the blogs only yesterday.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Can you think of any other President that has verbally attacked people like Obama has? He has lashed out as Joe the Plumber, Limbaugh and other talk radio hosts by name, BP (well, they deserved most of that), Sarah Palin, now the Chamber of Commerce. 'Can't I just eat my damn pancakes?' Who is next?

Everyone you listed has criticized him much more harshly [bP excluded]. And they all deserve every ounce of criticism they get, in addition to Obama's gentle prodding once and a while. Have you ever even heard of Richard Nixon?

P.S. claiming we all think Obama is a messiah is not a response that wins debates, or true.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Everyone you listed has criticized him much more harshly [bP excluded]. And they all deserve every ounce of criticism they get, in addition to Obama's gentle prodding once and a while. Have you ever even heard of Richard Nixon?

P.S. claiming we all think Obama is a messiah is not a response that wins debates, or true.

So you are saying that Obama = Nixon? They seem to be the only 2 Presidents in recent times that have gone after private citizens, companies, etc the way they do. Even Clinton had more class than Obama shows when dealing with whoever is at the top of his 'enemies' list. The President is supposed to lead by example, not act like a spoiled bully.