Jenks Throws Without Pain

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)
Just got Twittered (not as dirty as it sounds). Cowley reporting Jenks is throwing without pain and will go on a rehab assignment tomorrow, and should be back by Friday.

With whom? B'ham is off for three days after tonight, and Charlotte is off for three days after Sunday. It would have to be W-S since they already had their all-star break.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
With whom? B'ham is off for three days after tonight, and Charlotte is off for three days after Sunday. It would have to be W-S since they already had their all-star break.

Maybe they could just lend him to some NL team for a few days to rehab.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Just got Twittered (not as dirty as it sounds). Cowley reporting Jenks is throwing without pain and will go on a rehab assignment tomorrow, and should be back by Friday.

That's awesome. Three cheers for no more Linebrink/Dotel in the 9th!

Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, hooray! Hip hip, HOORAY!

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Maybe they could just lend him to some NL team for a few days to rehab.

The Giants sound good. After all, Brian Wilson is the worst all-star reliever I've ever seen. How does he have only two blown saves in 26 chances with a 4.46 ERA?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 06:04 PM)
innings? All i remember is Liney blowing roughly 10 saves and Dotel getting 1 chance and 1 save.

"Innings" as in having a 1-2-3 all-K 9th is not worthy to be bashed because of.

I'm only defending Dotel here, not Linebrink.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
No comment on velocity, but it sounds as if he's going to pitch on Monday and Wednesday.

I like it. Who goes down? Carrasco? If so we might lose him obviously. I know it was only one appearance, but he was doing good at AAA too

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:22 PM)

One game with W-S on Monday and one game with B'ham on Wednesday. The Barons are out of town on Wednesday, so I won't get to see Jenks in person.