Royals @ White Sox 7/20 1:05PM CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
That's what I meant. Thornton has to get 1 guy out and he can't, and instead of taking him out there and bringing in Line (is he alive?) or Jenks, he keeps him in. Wow.

There is no way the Sox bring Jenks in the 8th and have him get an out and than sit in the dugout and pitch the 9th right now. Your options would of been Russell or Massett.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
You pitch a guy differently when it is 1st and 2nd with two out than when it is bags loaded 1 out.

yeah obviously you do, but I don't think it would've made much of a difference because you can't seem to count of either one of those two in the clutch right now.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
There is no way the Sox bring Jenks in the 8th and have him get an out and than sit in the dugout and pitch the 9th right now. Your options would of been Russell or Massett.

Which is why we need another righty reliever. It's safe to say Linebrink is a huge question mark right now.

Re: Cox

Obviously it's not fun to defend him on something like that

But with the way things ended with Thome... and then Konerko being what he is now

Your best chance is betting on that bad throw.

That way you take a chance and then have another shot at making something happen in the next at-bat. Obviously it played out badly, but that call allows you the most chances at getting a run across.

Edited by Princess Dye

That's what I meant. Thornton has to get 1 guy out and he can't, and instead of taking him out there and bringing in Line (is he alive?) or Jenks, he keeps him in. Wow.

Why don't people blame the guys with the ball in their hands more than managers? Why not rip Thornton a new one? Oz is too easy. Glad to see Sox fans are completely ignoring Mariotti. Not one mention of that dumb column again ripping Oz about the Texas reliever. I love it. Mariotti is insignificant. Sweet.

Good point Princess Dye. Your post actually makes a lotta sense. I never thought of that but you are probly right.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 21, 2008 -> 12:32 AM)
I gotta say, Sox fans are NEVER satisfied with their 3rd base coach. I think Cox has done a phenomenal job. He's right MUCH more than he is wrong.

He may look right, but most of the time that's just OCAB ignoring the stop sign. ;)