7/27 - SOX @ DET, 12:05 CT, WGN

knightni

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 01:17 PM)
Wow, good job that time.

He had baserunners that inning, but he wasn't really getting hit so in my estimation he may have turned it around for the day.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
Throw out his huge June and he's hitting .196 on the season. Yet Paulie needs to be benched or released and this guy needs to be at first base. Ridiculous.

we have relied on Nick's power a lot, however

plus improved defense at multiple positions, and increased speed with Wise, etc

even if though i see your logic and havent totally given up on PK myself, i wouldnt call those who have completely ridiculous.

we're kind of caught between letting PK get it together and putting our most productive team out there.

Edited by Princess Dye

Throw out his huge June and he's hitting .196 on the season. Yet Paulie needs to be benched or released and this guy needs to be at first base. Ridiculous.

Agreed completely. It's worse on other sites, but I'm not sure why people think Swish Nickowiack's previous two offensive seasons would be good enough to make him the first baseman of the future. His OPS was lower than Konerko's last year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)

Agree. Swisher has always been over-rated in my eyes. I loathe the trade that brought him and his sub .250 career BA to Chicago.

Can't get on KW too much, because he fleeced Arizona for Carlos, but I hate the Swisher trade.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Agree. Swisher has always been over-rated in my eyes. I loathe the trade that brought him and his sub .250 career BA to Chicago.

Swisher - 4th best OBP on the team, no?

Also the value of that trade is getting that much OBP for the money you pay him each year. Making that move instead of Torii allows you to spend a lot more in the next year to improve other positions.

Edited by Princess Dye