Let's give it up

Milkman delivers

for Javier Vazquez, our most talented and best pitcher. This guy is just a flat-out winner and I, for one, am very happy to have him locked up for years to come. There's something great about knowing he'll always keep you in the game when it matters most, and that he's always going to step up in the big game. This one's for you, Javy.

:cheers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking right? After seeing this guy go out to the mound for almost 3 seasons now and be a .500 pitcher with NINTENDO-like stuff, I've pretty much given up on him and I am forced to take the bad with the good.

Javy has been far from impressive with the pressure on, thus far, in a small second half sample. And all Javy's jockers keep telling me that he's a second half pitcher.

Green? No. Have you SEEN his stuff? His talent is straight through the roof. Teams would line up for blocks for the mere chance to trade for a starter the caliber of Javier Vazquez. We should count our lucky stars that we have the honor to see this man pitch his ass off every 5th day.

Good to see the Javy of '06 strutting his s*** on the mound again. So many have been vocal about Jose Contreras, but this guy here was supposed to be a key part of the rotation coming into the year (potential #1 starter). After witnessing 2006 calling Javy a dark hose Cy Young candidate was asinine, crazier thing have happened, but his past work speaks for itself. Stepping back though, you can't really complain. I had high hopes for Danks and he's come through, Floyd has surprised to this point. You win some, you lose some. Javy sucks, Count puts up a nice first half, Floyd throws some near no hitters, and Danks makes me want to call the police on Kenny Williams for making that trade. Next year, even this year, Floyd could pull his best impression of arson at a BP station for all anyone knows. I don't know if we'd have to be as worried about the Twins nipping at our heels if Javy comes close to his '07 though. Wasn't expecting him to repeat '07, but again, this is a 2006 Vazquez.

As for this loss? I'm not too bothered by it. Taking 2 of 3 from this current Tigers team is good enough in my book. The next series is where it's at, and even if we somehow sweep, this won't be over until September. Lest I remind all that '05 wasn't claimed until the very end. Much stress ensues from here on out.

Edited by ChiSox35

I totally agree that vazquez has the best pure stuff on our team and probably now in the division with sabathia gone, but he will never put it together. He is the perfect example of all the talent in the world but without the head. Hes never won more than 16 games in a seasons which he did once, and i dont think he ever will win more because he lacks concentration. I cant tell for sure this is exactly why but someone else give a reason why someone with all the talent in the world cant put it together.

QUOTE (TCQ @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
I totally agree that vazquez has the best pure stuff on our team and probably now in the division with sabathia gone, but he will never put it together. He is the perfect example of all the talent in the world but without the head. Hes never won more than 16 games in a seasons which he did once, and i dont think he ever will win more because he lacks concentration. I cant tell for sure this is exactly why but someone else give a reason why someone with all the talent in the world cant put it together.

That's really all that needs to be said, right there. Javy has the best "stuff" on this team but his problem is between the ears.

I would really like the group of people who have called Vazquez our best pitcher to chime in here. It'd be nice to see what they're thinking now.

I always was a Garland guy, not Javy. Javy needs to pull his head out and start dealing. Two of three is nice, very nice. But today's pitching matchup on paper was ours to win. Now it's off to Minnie. Time to compete again, White Sox. Anything can happen and probably will in the dome. 4 games? My god. 2-2 would be acceptable. 1-3 or 0-4 would really suck. 4-0 would be ungodly.

Garland and Vazquez take a lot of the same type critical hits. But, I like them both. I would hope that what we have seen lately out of all our starters is just the inevitable bump in the road you see in any season from the pitchers. None of our starters outside of Buerhle, and maybe Danks, have been pitching that great the last couple weeks or so,

If Javy hates pitching on a winning ballclub so much why doesn't KW see what any of the bottom feeders in baseball will give up for him...i'd imagine he'd be a 20 game winner/cy young candidate on a team like Washington, San Diego or Seattle.

This is just what I was expecting from our stellar fanbase. Not only do people insult Javier's intellect for being unable to have a good game against one of the most dangerous lineups in the game, Milkman insinuates Javier has no genitalia (par for the course on his part). I would bet anyone that Javier finishes at 4.20 ERA for the season and over 200.0 innings.

This is such bulls*** on everyone's part. He's our third best pitcher right now and that's not debatable. I'll take him over any other righty we've got for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
If Javy hates pitching on a winning ballclub so much why doesn't KW see what any of the bottom feeders in baseball will give up for him...i'd imagine he'd be a 20 game winner/cy young candidate on a team like Washington, San Diego or Seattle.

Right. I forgot all those interviews where Javier was begging to be dealt to a team out of contention.

This s*** is so tired.

This is such bulls*** on everyone's part. He's our third best pitcher right now and that's not debatable. I'll take him over any other righty we've got for the rest of the season.

I don't sense anybody is totally burying Javy. You've got to admit he's been pretty bad of late and gives up a lot of dingers. Somebody said he needed some balls or whatever. He definitely needs to get it going. Assuming Jose is finished ... if he keeps pitching like this, it's going to be tough to win the division or wildcard.

QUOTE (KevinM @ Jul 27, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Right. I forgot all those interviews where Javier was begging to be dealt to a team out of contention.

This s*** is so tired.

oh dear god will you just look at the freaking stats? he's had like... zero quality starts in the last month and a half. that's pretty f***tastic.