Twins Watch Thread 2008

Brian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twins saw all of seven pitches in the bottom of the 8th and they had a baserunner.

Is it just me or do Sox pitchers never seem to get a hitter to swing at a close pitch.

Olivo K's, against the Sox he doubles in that situation.

Soria for the 9th and 10th.........

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
I hope, at least, this game goes to like 20 innings before the Twins head out on that 10 game road trip. That would be nice.

I'd take a Twins loss in 9 innings over a Twins win in 20 innings. Arms are expendable at this point with just a bit left in the season. Plenty of rest in October if you don't make the playoffs.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
I'd take a Twins loss in 9 innings over a Twins win in 20 innings. Arms are expendable at this point with just a bit left in the season. Plenty of rest in October if you don't make the playoffs.

I'd take that too. But isn't going to happen. Meanwhile, the Twins' pen has been weak.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 01:22 PM)
Not sure who this Ramirez dude is...but 67K in 66 innings and a 2.70 ERA. Mahay + Ramirez + Soria and the Royals have the makings of a moderately decent bullpen.

Damn right. Geez they still have Soria sitting out there.

Gathright needs to get on here and steal second and third.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 02:27 PM)
Nice piece of managing by Gardenhire as he assured his team the 10th by using Nathen and getting the middle of his line-up into the game.

I hope the Royals are smart enough to use Soria in a non-save situation to get past Mauer / Morneau /Kubel.