bullpen sports bar question???

credescrew24

hello...i was hope'n someone could answer a few questions for me...i live out here in socal (angel country) but anyways ive been to the cell a few times a few yrs back b4 i was 21 and always wanted to experiance the bullpen sportsbar....me and a few of my buddies are coming to chicago for the angel series and i just got tickets for all 3 games from stubhub but i wanted to know how do i get tickets for the bar? they sold at the game or how does that work? if anyone could help me out i figured u guys would be the best to ask....also any input on where to go after the games for drinks around the stadium would be awsome....thanks hope to see sum of u out at the cell next month! :gosox3:

Where is the Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar located and how do I get there?

The Miller Lite Bullpen Sports Bar is located on field level behind the right-field fence. To get there, enter the ballpark from Gate 2 or take the ramp at Gate 2 down from the Main or Upper Levels. The outdoor seating area is available for a nominal charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Must be 21 or older to enter.

from chisox.com the official™ website of the Chicago White Sox.

I believe you have to have seats in RF to be able to get into the picnic area of the Sports Bar. If you didn't buy those already, they'll sell "upgrades" for $10 as long as there are seats available. At least that's how it was a few years ago.

Edited by Steve9347

Just last week I had upper deck seats for the Red Sox game on a Monday night and I got there at about 5 so I could get seats just outside the bullpen bar at field level. Once I got there I found out you can pay $15 (maybe $20) for an upgrade and sit in the patio seats above the bar. It is all on a first come first serve basis so I would get there pretty early. IMO the upgrade was definitely worth it if your seats aren't that good and it's better than sitting at the tables at ground level because you don't have to look through a fence the entire game.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 06:03 PM)
Where in SoCal are you?

just about 10 min or so north of the big A....i live in the brea area along the 57fwy..........................

i think i got sunday tickets in RF sec 103 so as long as i get there early i can get in? thanks again for any info provided!

QUOTE (credescrew24 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 11:45 AM)
just about 10 min or so north of the big A....i live in the brea area along the 57fwy..........................

i think i got sunday tickets in RF sec 103 so as long as i get there early i can get in? thanks again for any info provided!

They're planning the parade already in those parts.

QUOTE (credescrew24 @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)

I don't think you specifically need tickets in RF anymore to get into the reserved area of the bullpen bar (picnic bench seats) You can get into the bar itself with any seats in the park, and they are generally open for 30 minutes past the last pitch thrown. As far as the picnic table upgrades go, I believe they are sold on a first come first serve basis, for $20.00 per. They also have a stubhub leather couch/recliners up there this year, but I believe they hold a bean bags tourney outside in the lots before the gates open in order to win those...

Get to Gate 2 before the gates open. When you get in go straight ahead (Not up the ramp), into the bar. When you walk in the bar you'll see the bathrooms on your left and the bar pretty much straight ahead. Ahead and to your right is a small bar that sells the wristbands to get an upper level picnic table - this is what you want. They will tell you your table number. Now head out toward the field and upstairs to your table. You have your own waitress and can order food as well. (There's a small menu on the table). And you can come and go as you please without losing your table.

QUOTE (mreye @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 01:45 PM)
Get to Gate 2 before the gates open. When you get in go straight ahead (Not up the ramp), into the bar. When you walk in the bar you'll see the bathrooms on your left and the bar pretty much straight ahead. Ahead and to your right is a small bar that sells the wristbands to get an upper level picnic table - this is what you want. They will tell you your table number. Now head out toward the field and upstairs to your table. You have your own waitress and can order food as well. (There's a small menu on the table). And you can come and go as you please without losing your table.

thanks that was super helpful...awsome thanks 4 ur help great work guys! cant wait just booked the flight yesturday