Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR

Jake

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
What happened?

AJ on first, hard ground ball down third base line hit by Dye. Amazing play by Mora, throws out Dye at first. But AJ was running full speed the whole time and made it from 1st to 3rd on the ground ball out

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
What does that have to do with the law of averages? Its pure statistical fact that the twins are above the mean with RISP.

But my point is that teams just dont hit .300 with RISP over the course of the year. I could make the argument that the Twins are a statistical anomaly, kind of like having the worst team ERA and still have a team record over .500. Sure it happens, but history is against it hapening.

Also, this game is going to come down to who's pen sucks the most. which scares me.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Its a shame Lexi couldnt have gotten Konerko to third there

with a hitter like swish up next, moving runners over isn't really a priority IMO. He's not much of a hitter, he might draw a walk but the sacrifice is pointless then. He usually drives in runs with homeruns and he doesn't really have contact base hit or sac fly skills which are key to bringing in that runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs. He's basically a 'walk' or 'homerun' type.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 07:19 PM)
with a hitter like swish up next, moving runners over isn't really a priority IMO. He's not much of a hitter, he might draw a walk but the sacrifice is pointless then. He usually drives in runs with homeruns and he doesn't really have contact base hit or sac fly skills which are key to bringing in that runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs. He's basically a 'walk' or 'homerun' type.

Wouldnt a HR guy by definition be able to get the ball up in the air with some decent pop? That translates into a guy who can give you a SF to me