Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR

Jake

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:21 PM)
Wouldnt a HR guy by definition be able to get the ball up in the air with some decent pop? That translates into a guy who can give you a SF to me

That really does seem like the way things should be with a hitter like swish. But from my observations I've found that the higher batting average hitters have more bat control which seems to allow them to guide a sac fly to the outfield with much higher regularity than someone with a very low average, yet power. Of course Swish could hit a sac fly, but it would most likely be completely unintended and have a lower chance of occurring.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:26 PM)
Not a good night for Danks. Just doesn't have it tonight. Lets hope he can stay strong down the stretch.

he is struggling. this is one of those games where he doesn't have his stuff but the Sox need him to minimize the damage and try to get around the 7th with 3 or 4 runs allowed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
What does that have to do with the law of averages? Its pure statistical fact that the twins are above the mean with RISP.

Simple, there have been plenty of analyses done over the last 10-15 years showing how many times team from the bottom and 3rd quartile have made the playoffs in MLB.

The odds aren't very high. Beyond the Marlins, A's and Twins, it hasn't happened at all. That also is a statistical fact. Payroll doesn't guarantee the Yankees a championship, or the Dodgers, or the Mets, but it doesn't give them an exponentially BETTER opportunity to make it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
You asked what happened earlier in the thread. Are you watching the game, or just following online?

I'm watching...have work to do at home though that takes me out of the den so I missed some stuff.