Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR

Jake

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Agreed. I wouldn't be upset if he was skipped a start some point in the near future to rest his arm. Maybe give Broadway another start.

Probably ought to wait until after the 1st where we can call up an extra reliever or two, even if they're bad, just so that we don't have to use someone useful to eat innings if they fall apart. But we really need to think about that.

If the Twins get into the playoffs and we don't, I'm going to blame Denard Span.

Of course, the guy's a rookie, so we have to deal with him for five more years at least. Why is it that the Twins always seem to have a boatload of athletic outfielders? First, there was Shannon Stewart, Hunter and J. Jones. Now, they have D. Young, Span, Carlos Gomez, Kubel and Cuddyer.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 11:00 PM)
Anybody suprized to see Swisher starting tonight because he came out last night? I thought Ozzie had an injury rule if you come out, you sit the next day.

He changed the rule when it was determined Swisher was not really hurt

The baseball gods I think are against the Sox today.

The rule that says don't assume you get an automatic win with your best pitcher when the guy has a 7+ ERA. Konerko's bat-speed and confidence are coming back, 94 MPH fastball turned around quickly.

At any rate, the M's starter had an ERA close to 8 and held the Twins to only 3 runs in 7 IP. So, for some reason, I'm not EXPECTING the White Sox to destroy Liz like they should.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:11 PM)
If the Twins get into the playoffs and we don't, I'm going to blame Denard Span.

Of course, the guy's a rookie, so we have to deal with him for five more years at least. Why is it that the Twins always seem to have a boatload of athletic outfielders? First, there was Shannon Stewart, Hunter and J. Jones. Now, they have D. Young, Span, Carlos Gomez, Kubel and Cuddyer.

Athleticism is great. However, so is production. Our left fielder has more home runs than all 4 of those outfielders combined and almost has more RBI than 3 of them combined. Let's not take a dump on our guys.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Athleticism is great. However, so is production. Our left fielder has more home runs than all 4 of those outfielders combined and almost has more RBI than 3 of them combined. Let's not take a dump on our guys.

I didn't say anything about our outfield, Quentin's obviously a good athlete and Dye one was.

It's simply that the Twins have a knack for making the huge plays when they really need them to stay within hailing distance of the Sox. Just when you think the White Sox might have turned the corner and could put the Twins in the rearview mirror, they reverse the momentum on us.

Who knows, maybe Cleveland will go on a 40-1 run, lol.

We can cite the numbers of Ordonez, Thomas, Lee, Valentin, etc., and production from 2001-2004 and what did that get the Sox? The Twins are always better than the sum of all their individual parts, the White Sox seem to be better on paper/statistically/talent-wise and yet the Twins play better as a team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:38 PM)
I didn't say anything about our outfield, Quentin's obviously a good athlete and Dye one was.

It's simply that the Twins have a knack for making the huge plays when they really need them to stay within hailing distance of the Sox. Just when you think the White Sox might have turned the corner and could put the Twins in the rearview mirror, they reverse the momentum on us.

Who knows, maybe Cleveland will go on a 40-1 run, lol.

I think it would just be about the most depressing thing in the world for both the Sox and Twinks if they both lost the division to Cleveburg haha