Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR

Jake

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
How well did Uribe hit that ball?

Routine. Where are the Uribe haters, lol? I have a hard time imagining they would walk Swisher to face Crede, lol.

Maybe, anything's possible. It is also possible the Red Sox could overtake the Rays and they could fall back to the Sox and Twins.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
The Twins are good, but c'mon. Baseball logic tells you they won't hit above .300 with RISP.

Baseball logic also tells you that teams with middle or lower-tier payrolls in small markets shouldn't win 5 of 7 division championships against big-market teams like Chicago and Detroit. Heck, CLE was a "big market" team in the way they operated until Dolan took over.

Four consecutive fastballs to a .181 hitter at 90-91 mph. The announcers for BALT claimed they could hit one at the batting cage if they just kept seeing fastball after fastball at the same speed, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)
Baseball logic also tells you that teams with middle or lower-tier payrolls in small markets shouldn't win 5 of 7 division championships against big-market teams like Chicago and Detroit. Heck, CLE was a "big market" team in the way they operated until Dolan took over.

Four consecutive fastballs to a .181 hitter at 90-91 mph. The announcers for BALT claimed they could hit one at the batting cage if they just kept seeing fastball after fastball at the same speed, lol.

Hawk was pissed AJ even called for a change-up.

But back to the Twins, I'm really sick of the "small market" stuff. It's pretty clear that the good teams have good scouting. Twins have that. They also had Johan Santana who prevented long losing streaks. Still not sold on the Twins, and it's not because who I root for.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 06:45 PM)

What does that have to do with the law of averages? Its pure statistical fact that the twins are above the mean with RISP.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
danks not on today at all.

4 hits and a walk today so I agree he just doesn't seem to have it. Let's hope the offense comes through tonite for the Chisox and Danks at least keeps us close and doesn't lose it all together