RALLY DARRIN JACKSON.

Nokona

• 2 months later...

Ok after searching through the last 20 pages of threads, I figure this is as good as any to post this in....

At the bottom of Mark Gonzales's article about Beckam and the AFL, he adds this about DJ's future:

Extra innings: Commentator Darrin Jackson will meet with officials from the new MLB Network this week, and a decision on his status probably will be finalized by the end of next week. Jackson tentatively is scheduled to switch from television commentator to radio analyst for Sox games for the 2009 season. Jackson has worked the past nine seasons on Sox telecasts with Ken Harrelson. If Jackson stays with the Sox, he will be the third partner in as many years with radio play-by-play announcer Ed Farmer.

Seems like, as of now, DJ is slotted to move to the Radio Booth for us. So Rally DJ can stay. :uhoh :cheers

If this was already known sorry about the bump.

QUOTE (SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Why in the world would Darrin Jackson want to work next to Ed Farmer, partner-killer?

You get paid a lot of money to watch a baseball game and talk about it. I'm sure he's been looking for something better. Obviously, if he thought working with Farmio was the mountain top he wouldn't still be looking for something else. Its a pretty good fallback option.

Why don't we just do a three-man booth with DJ, Hawk, and Stone? Hawk probably isn't gonna be around much longer (I'm not saying he's gonna die soon, but he's close to retirement, IMO), and it'd be nice to have his replacement still in the booth and not miss a beat.

However, I hope DJ gets the MLB Network gig. It's a better situation for him, IMO, and it'd be nice to know they have at least one guy there who is a bit favorable to the White Sox.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
Why don't we just do a three-man booth with DJ, Hawk, and Stone? Hawk probably isn't gonna be around much longer (I'm not saying he's gonna die soon, but he's close to retirement, IMO), and it'd be nice to have his replacement still in the booth and not miss a beat.

However, I hope DJ gets the MLB Network gig. It's a better situation for him, IMO, and it'd be nice to know they have at least one guy there who is a bit favorable to the White Sox.

Hawk isn't going to retire unless he just can't physically do the job anymore. If his health permits, he'll do the job until he dies. He loves the game, doesn't even call it a job and gets paid tons.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 09:11 PM)
I'm definitely not going to miss Jackson. He was terrible.

So long, Fiesty.

I don't think DJ was terrible. When he wasn't being bothered by Hawk, he was very entertaining. When he did a couple of broadcasts on FOX not with Hawk he was very good IMO. The other announcer actually let DJ speak.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)

I feel skeptical that Hawk will ever retire. I think he'll announce until either,

1) He dies (sorry Hawk, every bird's gotta land some day)

2) He is eventually fired for threatening Jay Marriotti's life over the air (Hopefully no longer an issue)

3) Carl Yastrzemski comes and sweeps Hawk off his feet and takes him away to a tropical paradise forever in delirium.