Complaints about TBS

SoxFan1

QUOTE (greasywheels121 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
Apparently I'm the only one that didn't have a problem with the telecast or Harold Reynolds. I love HR.

I didn't have a problem with Reynolds either, but, then again, I was mostly paying attention to Soxtalk in between pitches. What did he say? I know he was gushing over Torii Hunter for one inning, but I don't think that constitutes a Twins bias.

Also, Dick Stockton made a ton of mistakes. I take it baseball is not his primary sport? Or maybe he just had a few senior moments.

The only thing that annoyed me was that the statlines showed nothing but batting average. Heaven forbid we can get HR and RBI, much less OBP and SLG.

But overall, good broadcast. The pregame with Eck and Ripken was cool, and the whole presentation felt very crisp.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 10:50 AM)
I didn't have a problem with Reynolds either, but, then again, I was mostly paying attention to Soxtalk in between pitches. What did he say? I know he was gushing over Torii Hunter for one inning, but I don't think that constitutes a Twins bias.

Also, Dick Stockton made a ton of mistakes. I take it baseball is not his primary sport? Or maybe he just had a few senior moments.

The only thing that annoyed me was that the statlines showed nothing but batting average. Heaven forbid we can get HR and RBI, much less OBP and SLG.

But overall, good broadcast. The pregame with Eck and Ripken was cool, and the whole presentation felt very crisp.

Did anyone notice that midway through the game that Ripken said "It looked like it was gonna be a 9-8 ballgame at the start, but it is starting to look like a 1-0 game now"

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:12 PM)
Did anyone notice that midway through the game that Ripken said "It looked like it was gonna be a 9-8 ballgame at the start, but it is starting to look like a 1-0 game now"

He also called a Thome HR in the pre-game, and I think either him or the other guy said Griffey was going to come up big.

QUOTE (rockren @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
Wasn't he ridiculous? You knew it was coming as soon as you saw him in the box during pre-game.

Not only was his bias against the WSox blatantly obvious, but he completely crapped all over that broadcast.

I thought there broadcasters made several inaccurate references during the game. But, I saw it in HD and the graphics and camera work were good.

I F-in hate Frank Caliendo.

How in the Lord's good name can you hate Frank Caliendo??? At least he's talented. I'd much rather watch Frank Calidendo every 5 minutes than Joan Cusack. UGH.

Edited by TheBigHurt

i knew that he said the cubs won the 1906 series. i was at the bar in houston and screamed to sox f***ing won in 1906, and being in houston, everybody looked at me like i am crazy.

didn't mind the announcers and i also love harold renoylds. he should be back on ESPN doing the little league world series. Thats where he was the best.

The HD picture was amazing.