Texsox

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Ever Been Car Surfing?

• Dude, It's Awesome! Hell Yes!
    • That's Crazy s***, No Way
    • Only as Driver
    • Pork Chops
    • Tupperware

I can't blame you for not believing this, but the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports on 99 incidents of injuries occurring to teenagers who were attempting to ride on the outside of cars traveling up to 80 miles-per-hour. Forty two of the teens who suffered injuries said they had been engaging is a youthful pastime called "car surfing" at the time. The other 57 were dead. Amazingly, the CDC had to conduct a "study" to determine that car surfing is dangerous. "While car surfing may be appealing to teens and others, our recommendation is simple – don't do it! Even a vehicle moving at a slow speed can be deadly,” said John Halpin, M.D., the study's lead author, in a press release.

The CDC suggests parents "talk to their teens" about the dangers of car surfing. As a kid myself, I simply can't remember any of our moms or dads sitting us and saying, "And don't be hanging onto the outside of moving cars." Somehow, I guess we just knew that.

There is a guy that I see often riding his bike down Ashland ave and will hold on to the back of moving cars.It looks like he is a second away from death when he does it.It is a quick way for his transportation but its f***ing nuts.

Well, I saw car surfing performed on "Death Proof" and the girl atop the hood seemed to be enjoying herself for quite awhile. I can only assume the physics within the movie perfectly adapt to real life. Most notably how someone is able to avoid falling off the car while navigating their body weight during turns, sudden stops and the force from another car ramming into theirs.