Brewers Managerial Vacancy

clyons

I'd pick Bob Brenly over Willie Randolph or Ken Macha; Brenly not only has a ring, he is thoroughly familiar with the biggest division rival.

ps. I tried to make this a poll, but apparently screwed it up.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

I would go with Bob Brenly as well. Ned Yost did his best Willie Randolph impersonation the last two seasons, so why bring him in?

On a side note, if Brenly does take the job it will give me absolutely zero incentive to watch cub games. I really enjoy listening to him, am I alone on this as far as sox fans go?

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
I would go with Bob Brenly as well. Ned Yost did his best Willie Randolph impersonation the last two seasons, so why bring him in?

On a side note, if Brenly does take the job it will give me absolutely zero incentive to watch cub games. I really enjoy listening to him, am I alone on this as far as sox fans go?

I dont hate Brenly, Kasper on the other hand is a whole other thing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 08:47 AM)
How about not rehashing old mangers and going a route with someone who hasnt tried and failed in the majors?

Personally, I would hire Fisk or Ventura.

Technically Brenly won a world series so I don't think you can call him a guy that has failed. Sure he's been fired but so has Joe Torre.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)

feel the exact same way .. my mom is a cubs fan so i sometimes watch them .. but Brenly is the man i cant lie about that

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
feel the exact same way .. my mom is a cubs fan so i sometimes watch them .. but Brenly is the man i cant lie about that

Yeah, Brenly and Kasper make a good team. Probably, in the top 10 in baseball. I don’t have too much of a personal investment, but there certainly will be a void there.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
Technically Brenly won a world series so I don't think you can call him a guy that has failed. Sure he's been fired but so has Joe Torre.

Yes he did, although not sure how much that had to do with him.

Im just sick of, well there is an opening, what other retread can we bring back into the fold? Its the same in almost every sport. Look what happens when you bring in someone who isnt the same old name. Guillen, Maddon, Scioscia are just a few who have had success in their first managerial stint after not much consideration anywhere else.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
Yes he did, although not sure how much that had to do with him.

Im just sick of, well there is an opening, what other retread can we bring back into the fold? Its the same in almost every sport. Look what happens when you bring in someone who isnt the same old name. Guillen, Maddon, Scioscia are just a few who have had success in their first managerial stint after not much consideration anywhere else.

Gardenhire and Wedge too.

I don't mind "retreads" being brought back though, I would just have to know that they are good baseball guys and know how to manage a game. Leyland, Piniella, McKeon a few years back...hell, even Francona and Torre sort of fit into that category. It's when a guy like Jimy Williams gets chance after chance when I start to get pissed (and thankfully, he hasn't had that chance in a while).

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)

Brenly and Kermit are enjoyable. I can't see the Brewers not taking Brenly, so now I wonder who I'll be listening to in case of blowouts or off days. I hope it's not Plesac. Grace would be my choice, but even dueling Len Kaspers would be better than Dan Plesac.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 24, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
Randolph is probably there as the token minority candidate.

They'll hire Macha. He's done a lot with minimal salary in the past.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 25, 2008 -> 12:34 AM)
Macha.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Edited by kyyle23