OK WTF with Those Kickass Division Champ Hats?

LVSoxFan

I'm talking about the ones they all put on after we won on Black Tuesday. With the big scoreboard-looking front (not unlike the Cubs' same hats, actually).

You couldn't get one walking out of the park that night--forget it--so I've been waiting. Now I'm told that was a limited edition hat and no more will be made. I can get one if I get into a sniping war with somebody on Ebay for $60 at minimum.

Huh? Why would you make a great hat like that and then deny it to I'm sure thousands of fans who want it? The one offered on whitesox.com is ho-hum.

Anybody know any different?

BTW hello to all of you; been gone a few weeks. So-so season but that last week was a BLAST! I feel good about next year.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I was just planning on buying the division gear when it's around 5 bucks like all the 2005 stuff eventually was with plenty of stuff available months after. Hell, they've still been offering 2005 stuff at clearance prices this past season.

I guess that'll be a no-go for me?

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 03:40 PM)
I'm talking about the ones they all put on after we won on Black Tuesday. With the big scoreboard-looking front (not unlike the Cubs' same hats, actually).

You couldn't get one walking out of the park that night--forget it--so I've been waiting. Now I'm told that was a limited edition hat and no more will be made. I can get one if I get into a sniping war with somebody on Ebay for $60 at minimum.

Huh? Why would you make a great hat like that and then deny it to I'm sure thousands of fans who want it? The one offered on whitesox.com is ho-hum.

Anybody know any different?

BTW hello to all of you; been gone a few weeks. So-so season but that last week was a BLAST! I feel good about next year.

A team that was set by most everyone for 3rd or 4th place won the division, despite multiple key injuries. How is that a "so-so" season?

I've never really understood buying division champ or even league champ merchandise. Sure it's an accomplishment and all, but it just seems kinda silly to me. If we would have lost the WS in 05 to the Stros, I wouldn't be walking around with a '2005 AL champs' cap on my head.

Are all the Cub fans walking around with '2008 NL Central champs' caps? Because that would be laughable.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Are all the Cub fans walking around with '2008 NL Central champs' caps? Because that would be laughable.

They were marked down 50% to $14 at Midway last week when I was in town. I contemplated buying and wearing one jsut to make fun of a Cub fan I know. I don't see him often enough to make it worth $14 though.

My sister bought me a Division champs hat in 2005, and I don't think I ever would have worn it w/o the Series win. This year was a way different team, though, so I wouldn't be ashamed to wear an '08 Division champs hat. That was a great accomplishment considering my expectations for the team this year.

I got one of the hats. I ordered it immediately after the black out game, in a very drunken stupor. No regrets, I love the hat. I do regret buying the shirt though, especially because I saw them marked down to $10 in O'Hare this weekend while flying through.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 31, 2008 -> 04:46 PM)
I've never really understood buying division champ or even league champ merchandise. Sure it's an accomplishment and all, but it just seems kinda silly to me. If we would have lost the WS in 05 to the Stros, I wouldn't be walking around with a '2005 AL champs' cap on my head.

Normally I would agree with you--what's the point of having that hat if we didn't go all the way?

BUT... that last week was so kickass, that game was the most intense I've been to since '05 playoffs, it was such a great win, and really: even though we didn't go past Tampa Bay... that division championship game made the season pretty satisfying, didn't it? I never thought we'd even get that far. That whole week rocked: the Sunday win against Cleveland, the Monday win against Detroit, then Black Tuesday.

So yeah, I don't mind a memento of that. Plus, those hats just look... really cool.