Black Panthers + Night Sticks = Voter Intimidation

Jenksismyhero

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:39 PM)
I don't think so, he's just trying to make his point and get someone to answer his question. Although I don't think the logic is valid personally.

The logic in my mind is this.

When you have an anti-certian-race organization known for violence showing up at a polling place with weapons, it is wrong. I don't much care who is behind the mask.

If that is illogical, so be it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
You're good at this point and clearly in-line IMO. Now if your answer had been refuted and then you kept pressing on with it to the point of being obnoxious that's different, but you're not. Just trying to carry out your argument.

Obviously open to interpretation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:41 PM)
Egging on stuff? OK, if that is egging someone on, please feel free to have me suspended. If I have broke the rules, I have no problem paying the price.

I believe any desired effect of Black Panthers hanging out in front of a polling place of a predominantly black area would be roughly equivalent to the same desired effect of KKK members standing outside of a polling station of a predominantly white area

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
I believe any desired effect of Black Panthers hanging out in front of a polling place of a predominantly black area would be roughly equivalent to the same desired effect of KKK members standing outside of a polling station of a predominantly white area

I would still go in the polling place past them and cast a ballot for Obama. I'd act like they weren't there.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
I would still go in the polling place past them and cast a ballot for Obama. I'd act like they weren't there.

Ditto.

I find those that make the bigger issue of it more dangerous than those dressed in the garb or carrying a big stick.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)

I would as well. I just think the goal of each scenario is similar enough where they can be compared to each other. And I think thats what ss2k was trying to do

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
It is, we mods are human which is why I posted that in the open.

Thanks. It enabled me to take a step back and think before posting another response to him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
I would as well. I just think the goal of each scenario is similar enough where they can be compared to each other. And I think thats what ss2k was trying to do

I get what he's getting at, I just don't really think there is an equivalency there because there's a difference between the older Black Panthers and the newer anti-white separatists. Although maybe the logic is valid after all, because people wouldn't know the difference and most would assume they have bad intentions on sight alone (since we really don't know which one it is, or why he was even standing there).

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
Thanks. It enabled me to take a step back and think before posting another response to him.

In these kinds of situations what we say isn't really iron-clad because everybody sees things differently, so if someone disagrees, feel free to speak up. Even the mods don't necessarily agree about everything.