Black Panthers + Night Sticks = Voter Intimidation

Jenksismyhero

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
good thing there is video to prove that is BS

What am I missing here because I watched the video and it's exactly what the article states. 2 guys standing near the door, 1 with a night stick the other a resident and apparent pole watcher. Soon after the apparant McCain supporter confronted them with a video phone the one with the night stick left without incident. Is there another video? Did the police make a statement?

I dont know if this is something where you need a police report to see whats going on but I think its pretty obvious what was happening. The first story I heard on the radio was an interview with the first guy that called the police and he explained what they were doing when he tried to go in and why he called the police. Im sure if I can find the video if needed but what do you guys think a black panther with a night stick, standing outside a polling place telling people he was security was up to?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Imagine if these were skinheads in neo-nazi attire with one wielding a billy club. That would be decried as voter intimidation of the absolute worst kind.

I agree with Tex that Obama would condem this, the amazing thing is, some on here can't.

Beat me to the Nazi comparison

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:12 PM)
I dont know if this is something where you need a police report to see whats going on but I think its pretty obvious what was happening. The first story I heard on the radio was an interview with the first guy that called the police and he explained what they were doing when he tried to go in and why he called the police. Im sure if I can find the video if needed but what do you guys think a black panther with a night stick, standing outside a polling place telling people he was security was up to?

I saw the interview with the guy that called the police - it's posted at the start of this thread and he never said they were doing anything to him when he tried to go in - and then I also watched the additional video that CC posted. In the latter video the guy is just standing there. If you find video of something else, please do post it. TIA.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Imagine if these were skinheads in neo-nazi attire with one wielding a billy club. That would be decried as voter intimidation of the absolute worst kind.

I agree with Tex that Obama would condem this, the amazing thing is, some on here can't.

And some just choose to assume. Obviously the cops didn't think much of it either.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
I saw the interview with the guy that called the police - it's posted at the start of this thread and he never said they were doing anything to him when he tried to go in - and then I also watched the additional video that CC posted. In the latter video the guy is just standing there. If you find video of something else, please do post it. TIA.

Out of curiosity, what do you think his intentions were?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Out of curiosity, what do you think his intentions were?

Don't know, don't care, and by the looks of the folks in the video walking past him to go vote, they didn't care much either. The surroundings speak much louder than the kid taping the incident, IMO.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Don't know, don't care, and by the looks of the folks in the video walking past him to go vote, they didn't care much either. The surroundings speak much louder than the kid taping the incident, IMO.

Well even people in this thread said it would be intimidating and they were accused of voter intimidation. So even if whoever posted that is the only one who thinks so, I guess by definition its voter intimidation. Its just thuggery and if they werent doing anything wrong the police wouldnt have removed the guy. Just because a few people walked past them when they were being filmed doesnt mean that their intentions werent to intimidate anybody they could.

Don't you think they might have stopped "intimidating" once a video camera was shoved in their face?

What other purpose does carrying a night stick serve btw? Who carries one around in the middle of the morning, let alone on an election day.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 12:51 PM)
Many German's agreed with gassing the Jews. Was that not bad? Did the means justify the end? Not to pipcka fight or take a shot but that is the most idiotic statement i have heard on here in a while, and that includes a boatload from AHB.

Maybe you misunderstand me. Do people not compromise their morals in order to get what they want? For example, people are quick to condemn cheating, but if an undetectable drug existed that allowed a Sox player to hit 100 hrs in a season and propel them to another title, wouldn't fans root for this player regardless?

That's all I'm saying. Cheating is fine if you agree with it.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 04:25 PM)
Maybe you misunderstand me. Do people not compromise their morals in order to get what they want? For example, people are quick to condemn cheating, but if an undetectable drug existed that allowed a Sox player to hit 100 hrs in a season and propel them to another title, wouldn't fans root for this player regardless?

That's all I'm saying. Cheating is fine if you agree with it.

I'd venture to guess the majority of people on this site would vehemently disagree with that statement

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 01:24 PM)
Well even people in this thread said it would be intimidating and they were accused of voter intimidation. So even if whoever posted that is the only one who thinks so, I guess by definition its voter intimidation. Its just thuggery and if they werent doing anything wrong the police wouldnt have removed the guy. Just because a few people walked past them when they were being filmed doesnt mean that their intentions werent to intimidate anybody they could.

Well, let's be glad they were removed then, and hope that one particular voting station is not totally representative of the country.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
I'd venture to guess the majority of people on this site would vehemently disagree with that statement

You wouldn't want the Sox to win another title even if they were cheating and couldn't be caught?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)

1st quote response - The guy with the club was arrested for this? Because if that's what he was doing it's an arrestable offense is it not?

2nd quote response - And it doesn't mean that it was. It's in the eye of the beholder I suppose, right? The fact that the authorities found nothing wrong speaks volumes to me. To you, it's the other extreme. So be it.

QUOTE (Steff @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)
1st quote response - The guy with the club was arrested for this? Because if that's what he was doing it's an arrestable offense is it not?

2nd quote response - And it doesn't mean that it was. It's in the eye of the beholder I suppose, right? The fact that the authorities found nothing wrong speaks volumes to me. To you, it's the other extreme. So be it.

Unless the guy actually hit someone, can you really see the police there hauling off a Black Panther to jail in those circumstances? Especially if the responding officers were white? The one guy interviewed said the police asked him to leave, and without someone staying there to try and press charges for something, that was probbaly about all they could do without causing a bigger scene.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
Unless the guy actually hit someone, can you really see the police there hauling off a Black Panther to jail in those circumstances? Especially if the responding officers were white? The one guy interviewed said the police asked him to leave, and without someone staying there to try and press charges for something, that was probbaly about all they could do without causing a bigger scene.

Yes, I can. But that's me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
Funny how alot of the people making this into a race election are Black.

Huh? Are you talking about on this board? I think I'm the only black person that posts in here regularly and I don't talk about race unless someone else does.

Elsewhere, the fact that a black man could be president is a HUGE deal. f***ing huge. Seriously. I don't really think black excitement needs to be explained. I'm sure there are tools out there trying to make it about race, but there are tons of white people doing it too, it's a moot point and something that's been over-discussed in here.

Edited by lostfan