Ahem...

Guest wsc425

Guest wsc425

So after our 45-49 start, with the Sox 7 games out of first place and Paul Konerko connecting finally, how far do you think the White Sox will get?

In my opinion, I believe the White Sox can do much better. This is a potential playoff team. It would be a shame if the White Sox did not trade away some of the following.

A. Rick White (Veteran Arm could be useful)

B. Gary Glover (Can be fringe but also useful as a long reliever)

C. Carlos Lee (I'm sorry Heather but your homie has to go IMO.)

D. Bartolo Colon (Meh, I dunno get something good for him)

E. Billy Koch (God help me)

Now, where will the Sox finish this year in your opinion???

The only way we'll compete is if we go crazy right after the break and become a totally different team.

One that cares.

It may sound crazy but that iin my opinion is our only hope.

To go 8-1 or something like that and truly treat it like a second season.

If we play like we did the first half, I predict we will finish about 10 below .500.

We have a weak ass bullpen and a deep(but usually ineffective) offense, espeically our OFers and 1Bman. The Dodgers have a strong bullpen, but a weak offense, especially LF and 1B.

I would do a Lee, Konerko, Ginter, and White deal(if they'd do it....I'd give them a different arm if they don't take White) for Mota and Shuey....while taking on part of Kong's salary. Lee takes over in LF, Konerko at 1B, and Ginter and White or whoever we give them fills in the bullpen spots. Shuey and Mota are f***ing awesome and would fill in quite nicely.

I'd then send Koch to New York and get Jeff Weaver, who I'd then package up with a decent prospect or two, or maybe Dan Wright, for Brian Lawrence. New York gets an arm for the pen, San Diego get Weaver and Wright for next year, and we get Brian Lawrence, who is a better starting pitcher then Dan Wright.

This team could still use a lot of work, but it is definately possible to win the division. KC just has to stop f***ing winning every game.

We have a weak ass bullpen and a deep(but usually ineffective) offense, espeically our OFers and 1Bman. The Dodgers have a strong bullpen, but a weak offense, especially LF and 1B.

I would do a Lee, Konerko, Ginter, and White deal(if they'd do it....I'd give them a different arm if they don't take White) for Mota and Shuey....while taking on part of Kong's salary.  Lee takes over in LF, Konerko at 1B, and Ginter and White or whoever we give them fills in the bullpen spots.  Shuey and Mota are f***ing awesome and would fill in quite nicely.

I'd then send Koch to New York and get Jeff Weaver, who I'd then package up with a decent prospect or two, or maybe Dan Wright, for Brian Lawrence.  New York gets an arm for the pen, San Diego get Weaver and Wright for next year, and we get Brian Lawrence, who is a better starting pitcher then Dan Wright.

This team could still use a lot of work, but it is definately possible to win the division.  KC just has to stop f***ing winning every game.

if you are trading with sd, do not imvolve any other team.

look at these players, greene, jack peavy, o perez, mark phillips, w. villatoro and r perez with of - bay.

in all honesty we will never get ss - greene, but a package of players and prospects can get us several of their pitchers which i would love to see now and in the future.

an intriguing possiblity is a an exchange of headcase botch for nevin with sd adding something else to take nevin. that is if nevin doesn't waive of the no trade clause.

I believe Hoffman is coming back in September and has made it clear he wants to finish his career in San Diego. Therefore, we'd be hardpressed to get them to take Billy Koch in any trade that includes them giving up Phil Nevin.

ahem... this team should be at least 4 games over instead of 4 under. they have alot of work to do if they are going to run down the royals. unlike many in the enlightened media, i dont think KC is going to fade as many have predicted. they haev been in first place most of the season.

those guys believe they have a real shot at taking this division. and why wouldn't they. their confidence is high and they are winning games. now thats not to say the sox dont have a chance.... but they better get head out of ass and get going

ahem... this team should be at least 4 games over instead of 4 under. they have alot of work to do if they are going to run down the royals. unlike many in the enlightened media, i dont think KC is going to fade as many have predicted. they haev been in first place most of the season.

those guys believe they have a real shot at taking this division. and why wouldn't they. their confidence is high and they are winning games. now thats not to say the sox dont have a chance.... but they better get head out of ass and get going

That's exactly right.

I just said that if they want to stand a chance, they need to add some pitching. Mota and Shuey would do it, and then to get Botch the hell out of here. I think the Yanks might be desperate enough to take Botch, and if we could get a good starter out of the whole thing(I think a Botch-for-Weaver deal, then a Weaver and Stewart-for-Lawrence deal could get done). That moves Wright to the pen, and we then use Marte and Wunsch as our lefties out of the pen, and if we want to use 12 pitchers, we bring up Diaz or Ginter to use out of the pen.

So after our 45-49 start, with the Sox 7 games out of first place and Paul Konerko connecting finally, how far do you think the White Sox will get?

In my opinion, I believe the White Sox can do much better. This is a potential playoff team. It would be a shame if the White Sox did not trade away some of the following.

A. Rick White (Veteran Arm could be useful)

B. Gary Glover (Can be fringe but also useful as a long reliever)

C. Carlos Lee (I'm sorry Heather but your homie has to go IMO.)

D. Bartolo Colon (Meh, I dunno get something good for him)

E. Billy Koch (God help me)

Now, where will the Sox finish this year in your opinion???

You are so NOT 14. I dont know who you think youre fooling with your 4 year old type posts, but you really need to stop playing games. :rolleyes:

Yankees don't want Botch. At least thats what came out of the NY Post. Also someone on WSI boards said that "7 games behind the Royals is like 3 games behind anyone else". This is true, KC cannot be expected to play this hot the rest of the year. But the Sox need to get their mental focus back on each game THEY play. Greg Walker is working hard at this talking about the "mental letdown" in Detroit and Tampa Bay following the big sweep of Minnesota. I think if more of these guys start listening to Greg everyday, we will make some noise in the 2nd half.

Yankees don't want Botch.  At least thats what came out of the NY Post.  Also someone on WSI boards said that "7 games behind the Royals is like 3 games behind anyone else".  This is true, KC cannot be expected to play this hot the rest of the year.  But the Sox need to get their mental focus back on each game THEY play.  Greg Walker is working hard at this talking about the "mental letdown" in Detroit and Tampa Bay following the big sweep of Minnesota.  I think if more of these guys start listening to Greg everyday, we will make some noise in the 2nd half.

Why would the Yankees really want Koch, especially the way he's been pitching this year.

Come on people Sell High buy Low

Yankees don't want Botch.  At least thats what came out of the NY Post.  Also someone on WSI boards said that "7 games behind the Royals is like 3 games behind anyone else".  This is true, KC cannot be expected to play this hot the rest of the year.  But the Sox need to get their mental focus back on each game THEY play.  Greg Walker is working hard at this talking about the "mental letdown" in Detroit and Tampa Bay following the big sweep of Minnesota.  I think if more of these guys start listening to Greg everyday, we will make some noise in the 2nd half.

Well s***to(if I may borrow that term). I was sure they'd take him, since their pen has sucked so much.

Maybe we could ship him off to Boston or back to Toronto....one of those AL East teams who has a very s***ty pen.

I really don't know about that comment though. I mean, 7 games is 7 games. It may seem like 3 games, because they can get cold at any time, but you still have to gain 7 games on them.

If we gain 3 games a month, it is definately possible that we could win the division.

Guest hotsoxchick1

the yanks even entertaining the idea of botch makes me lmao.... as if.........where did you guys hear that from............lol.......

I believe Hoffman is coming back in September and has made it clear he wants to finish his career in San Diego.  Therefore, we'd be hardpressed to get them to take Billy Koch in any trade that includes them giving up Phil Nevin.

yeah but they been trying hard to unload nevin and he doesn't want to go where they were trying to send him. i think there is bad blood with nevin, so we come hin if he want to come here and we package kotch on this.

quid pro quo or something like that.

ref to the pitching at sd, peavy and phillips are worth looking into getting here.

yeah i just went over there to read what was said, there was only 3 people who responded to the question and i think i only know one of them which i respect to having some knowledge of the game.

the yanks even entertaining the idea of botch makes me lmao.... as if.........where did you guys hear that from............lol.......

Of course, ya know that if Botch were to go to the Yankees, he'd suddenly feel a resurgance! That's George's law.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Of course, ya know that if Botch were to go to the Yankees, he'd suddenly feel a resurgance!  That's George's law.

no it would be georgies money that talks......... ;) not his law........