Bonds

Big Irish

Let the man be. His dad is very ill so the guy wants to spend time with him and all anyone can do is bash him for it? If he did play people would bash him for not spending the time with his Dad. OK, so he isn't the most personable guy but he is one of the greatest players of our time. Sopund sa lot like someone we all loved through the mid80s and the 90s, MJ. He was a total dick and yet no one spoke a bad word. Time to leave Bonds ALONE!!!! :headbang :headbang

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the man be. His dad is very ill so the guy wants to spend time with him and all anyone can do is bash him for it? If he did play people would bash him for not spending the time with his Dad. OK, so he isn't the most personable guy but he is one of the greatest players of our time. Sopund sa lot like someone we all loved through the mid80s and the 90s, MJ. He was a total dick and yet no one spoke a bad word. Time to leave Bonds ALONE!!!!  :headbang :headbang

Agreed!

I respect Bonds a lot. This is just a contest, his dads health is a much more serious concern.

Yes this is their job, but this is an exhibition (I don't care what Selig says) and family is more important.

The guy is amazing. Him and Pujols, damn are those two fun to watch.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Let the man be. His dad is very ill so the guy wants to spend time with him and all anyone can do is bash him for it? If he did play people would bash him for not spending the time with his Dad. OK, so he isn't the most personable guy but he is one of the greatest players of our time. Sopund sa lot like someone we all loved through the mid80s and the 90s, MJ. He was a total dick and yet no one spoke a bad word. Time to leave Bonds ALONE!!!!  :headbang :headbang

whos been bashing him for not playing.. i seem to recall a thread on here a while ago which some of us actually agreed with bonds and let him have his say with agreement to his feelings........this all star game has gotten out of hand... heres a novel idea.. ask the players first if they have an interest in playing and then put their names on the ballot for fan voting........that way guys who want to be there are in or at least have the chance to be in and they dont have to run around finding replacements at the last minute......... :rolleyes:

I was seeing it throughout the threads. It kept popping up and just wanted to let those who thought he wasn't playing just to spite people know the deal. Also i am not just talking about here, he is getting on the radio, TV, ETC... from fans. Don't want any of us to be one of the uneducated. lol

I was seeing it throughout the threads. It kept popping up and just wanted to let those who thought he wasn't playing just to spite people know the deal. Also i am not just talking about here, he is getting on the radio, TV, ETC... from fans. Don't want any of us to be one of the uneducated.  lol

Some of his recent comments suggest otherwise. If it's because of his father, understood. If it's because he "doesn't want to", then what the hell is that? If he is on the field watching tonight that's just wrong

Some of his recent comments suggest otherwise. If it's because of his father, understood. If it's because he "doesn't want to", then what the hell is that? If he is on the field watching tonight that's just wrong

This is exactly how I feel. The whole world leaves him alone if he saids he wants to see his dad.

Guest hotsoxchick1

whats the difference if he wants to or not.... who cares.. it is his choice.. not like someone said he cant play in the game, like the case of zito..........it should be up to the players if they want to represent their team or not.....cant dis on a guy for wanting a few days off reguardless of the reason..........this is just a exhibition game.. not like it counts during the regular season......and all this who ever wins for the home field advantage.. if it was that important to the players then they would all want to be there, so obviously mlb's decision on that ruling isnt all its cracked up to be in the players eyes.........

whats the difference if he wants to or not.... who cares.. it is his choice.. not like someone said he cant play in the game,  like the case of zito..........it should be up to the players if they want to represent their team or not.....cant dis on a guy for wanting a few days off reguardless of the reason..........this is just a exhibition game.. not like it counts during the regular season......and all this who ever wins for the home field advantage.. if it was that important to the players then they would all want to be there, so obviously mlb's decision on that ruling isnt all its cracked up to be in the players eyes.........

No, this is about giving back to the fans, it has nothing to do with representing the Giants. The fans deserve to watch one of the best hitters participate in the home run derby. Hell, they voted him into the damn all star game to begin with!

Guest hotsoxchick1
No, this is about giving back to the fans, it has nothing to do with representing the Giants. The fans deserve to watch one of the best hitters participate in the home run derby. Hell, they voted him into the damn all star game to begin with!

if the fans want something back then they can go watch him hit during the regular season when those hits count for something........ ;)

I respect Bonds a lot.  This is just a contest, his dads health is a much more serious concern. 

Yes this is their job, but this is an exhibition (I don't care what Selig says) and family is more important.

The guy is amazing.  Him and Pujols, damn are those two fun to watch.

Bonds like Sosa and McGwire has used "performance enhancers" to get to that "next level." I love modern day sports cliches.

if the fans want something back then they can go watch him hit during the regular season when those hits count for something........ ;)

ya, everyone is gonna travel to san francisco to watch him...this hr derby is the biggest showcase for the fans that there is, more people care about this than the all star game, it's his duty to baseball and the fans to be there. period.

The only thing for me against Bonds, which can be a big thing, is the fact that he just won't interact with fans most of the time. I was at a Cards-Giants game, and he ignored anyone who asked him for an autograph, etc. This was before he hit 73. Looking at my autographed balls above the computer, the nicest guys I've seen were for the Blue Jays, Kelvim Escobar and Aquillno Lopez. They stayed out and just chatted with fans, and signed everything. Also, Keith Foulke was nice while he was in Chicago, as was Jeff Bagwell at a Brewers game.

Still, the nicest baseball player I've ever talked to is Mike Sirotka. I'll wish him well no matter what uniform he puts on.

Guest hotsoxchick1
ya, everyone is gonna travel to san francisco to watch him...this hr derby is the biggest showcase for the fans that there is, more people care about this than the all star game, it's his duty to baseball and the fans to be there. period.

his only DUTY is to perform for his team.. the guys who pay him.... he has no duty to go to any all star game if he so chooses not to...........

whats the difference if he wants to or not.... who cares.. it is his choice.. not like someone said he cant play in the game,  like the case of zito..........it should be up to the players if they want to represent their team or not.....cant dis on a guy for wanting a few days off reguardless of the reason..........this is just a exhibition game.. not like it counts during the regular season......and all this who ever wins for the home field advantage.. if it was that important to the players then they would all want to be there, so obviously mlb's decision on that ruling isnt all its cracked up to be in the players eyes.........

There is a huge difference--No matter how great Bonds is, he owes the fans and the game of baseball for the opportunities he has been given.

If the excuse is his father is sick, obviously you cannot fault him for that.

But if he doesnt participate because he does feel like it, he is an absolute asshole, and has quickly forgotten that baseball needs its super stars to give back to the game in situations like this.

MLB as a whole is responsible for the success of Bonds, Sosa, and all of the other assholes making millions. They owe it to the fans and the game to show UP AND PARTICIPATE.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont know why you guys think these players owe anyone anything........when you dont work because you feel like calling in sick does your boss owe you pay for that day missed (except for using sick days entitled to of course).....no he doesnt.....these guys dont owe anyone anything.... except for the guys paying the salaries and abiding to the contracts they were issued............

i dont know why you guys think these players owe anyone anything........when you dont work because you feel like calling in sick does your boss owe you pay for that day missed (except for using sick days entitled to of course).....no he doesnt.....these guys dont owe anyone anything.... except for the guys paying the salaries and abiding to the contracts they were issued............

Michelle is right. They don't owe anything. They are paid for what they do. Now the guys that go above and beyond are obviously more liked and are typically my favorites, but as long as they do the job in the regular season, play hard and help the team win (While staying out of legal trouble) then I'm happy.

How many movie stars sign a bunch of autographs, etc?

I really don't know so if someone tells me they sign a whole lot more then baseball players then my bad.

Also from my experiences at spring training and such, I've noticed that more often then not the players are very friendly and always willing to sign.

And for that I give MLB players a lot of credit.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thats ridiculous to think these players don't owe the game of baseball anything.

what ever..........they dont owe anyone anything but whats outlined in their contracts.... they are WORKERS hired to do a job.. just like anyone else in todays modern working class society.........just cause their job puts them in the spot light doesnt mean they OWE anyone anything.........period.........

what ever..........they dont owe anyone anything but whats outlined in their contracts.... they are WORKERS hired to do a job.. just like anyone else in todays modern working class society.........just cause their job puts them in the spot light doesnt mean they OWE anyone anything.........period.........

Not even the fans that pay their multi-million dollar contracts?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Not even the fans that pay their multi-million dollar contracts?

wasnt aware that we signed the paychecks.......... ;) if thats the case im gonna cut myself one now........

..........it should be up to the players if they want to represent their team or not.....cant dis on a guy for wanting a few days off reguardless of the reason.

That's exactly why this event sucks. The players don't give a s***. It used to be a freakin HONOR to be selected to play in the game and a source of needed extra bonus money.

Now we all know extra cash is not an issue. If a few extra days off are more important, then you are talking about what is severely wrong with this game!

Guest hotsoxchick1
It used to be a freakin HONOR to be selected to play in the game and a source of needed extra bonus money

for guys like bonds who have been there before maybe its just old news.... :huh: as far as the extra bonuses go.. if it was in his contract to get one for making the all star game and he actually cared about the money he would be here right now... obviously money doesnt matter to some???????

If a few extra days off are more important,

with their travel schedules maybe this is important to them??? they do have other things in their lives to attend to and being away from home alot makes that pretty hard.......the point is this game doesnt hold the luster it once did.....and you can blame alot of things on that..........