[SCRUBS] Not the Final Season Thread

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 05:59 AM)
i thought the first episode wasn't all that great but the next few have been pretty good. Glad to see Coutney Cox wasn't sticking around long.

agreed, that character was terrible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 09:02 AM)
She was probably the guest star worst bit character they have had on there. I couldn't stand her character.

Ugh. Easily the worst guest star they had on there was Colin Ferrill.

I still wish they'd done more with Jason Bateman when he was on...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
Ugh. Easily the worst guest star they had on there was Colin Ferrill.

I still wish they'd done more with Jason Bateman when he was on...

For some reason I cant remember the episode Bateman was on, can you refresh my memory? Im guessing he was a patient, because I dont remember him as a doctor.

I also feel Bateman is an incredibly under-appreciated actor.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 24, 2009 -> 01:37 AM)
For some reason I cant remember the episode Bateman was on, can you refresh my memory? Im guessing he was a patient, because I dont remember him as a doctor.

I also feel Bateman is an incredibly under-appreciated actor.

He never thanked JD, so JD & Turk go to his house to get the thank you. Bateman has ostriches for pets...hilarity ensues.

Hugh Jackman gets another Scrubs mention last night. I would like to see Jackman show up with his Wolverine hair (say with a movie set injury) and face off with Dr. Cox. JD would freak and picture Cox as Magneto or something with a fight scene.

I must have missed it, and

I understand that Elliot broke it off with Keith, but when did JD and Elliot actually get back together?

If it was the end of last season, I understand it, but I just haven't seen any references to it so far this season.

Figured I'd use the spoiler tag in case anyone reads it and hasn't seen it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)

I understand that Elliot broke it off with Keith, but when did JD and Elliot actually get back together?

If it was the end of last season, I understand it, but I just haven't seen any references to it so far this season.

A couple weeks ago Kelso mistook them for a couple because there were spending so much time outside the hospital together. They talked about it and decided to try it again. Last night was the first episode(s) since that decision.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)

I believe it was addressed in the 3rd and 4th episodes this year. They talked about it and everything.

Last night's episodes were great. "My ABC's" (Sesame Street one) was really really good. Honestly, these first 6 this year have been some of the strongest of the series.

It really seems like they are setting this up for some sort of spinoff in case Zach Braff indeed does leave the show.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
I believe it was addressed in the 3rd and 4th episodes this year. They talked about it and everything.

Last night's episodes were great. "My ABC's" (Sesame Street one) was really really good. Honestly, these first 6 this year have been some of the strongest of the series.

It really seems like they are setting this up for some sort of spinoff in case Zach Braff indeed does leave the show.

I've also liked the episodes so far this season, though I strongly disliked Courtney Cox's character (other than her making fun of the last name "Cox" in an episode).

As for the bolded, I've read that ABC was discussing exactly that, and given the development of the characters of the current set of interns, it looks like they are definitely setting it up for a spin off if ratings are good this season.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
I've also liked the episodes so far this season, though I strongly disliked Courtney Cox's character (other than her making fun of the last name "Cox" in an episode).

As for the bolded, I've read that ABC was discussing exactly that, and given the development of the characters of the current set of interns, it looks like they are definitely setting it up for a spin off if ratings are good this season.

I must say, I'd watch that spinoff. The new characters actually don't suck.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
I honestly really don't like Ed. He may play the cool guy in the series, but he just comes off as a total douche to me.

Ha, I find him to be hilarious. He's supposed to be a douche, but that's what is funny.

I wasnt a huge fan of the sesame street references, but they were tolerable because the rest of the episode was so good.

I must say, I :wub: Elliot when she dresses down, she looks so damn good.

And Kelso losing his angry niche is kind of sad, I mean he really lost it at the end of the episode. I always loved his feuds with the Janitor.

Finally, Ive heard rumors about that spinoff, but anybody have more details on how it would be? Just no JD if he doesnt come back? Or do they jsut start new with the newest set of interns (as in get rid of Chalke, Faison)?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 11:49 PM)
I wasnt a huge fan of the sesame street references, but they were tolerable because the rest of the episode was so good.

I must say, I :wub: Elliot when she dresses down, she looks so damn good.

And Kelso losing his angry niche is kind of sad, I mean he really lost it at the end of the episode. I always loved his feuds with the Janitor.

Finally, Ive heard rumors about that spinoff, but anybody have more details on how it would be? Just no JD if he doesnt come back? Or do they jsut start new with the newest set of interns (as in get rid of Chalke, Faison)?

Braff has already said he isn't coming back, Bill Lawrence isn't coming back an Judy Reyes (Carla has said she isn't coming back). Without JD and Carla it wouldn't make sense to have Turk and Elliot so I think Chalke and Faison would be gone. So basically yes the rumors are that it will be basically a new cast. My guess is the show would revolve around Dr. Cox as chief of medicine with new interns and doctors. I'm not really sure how I would feel about that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 02:24 AM)
Braff has already said he isn't coming back, Bill Lawrence isn't coming back an Judy Reyes (Carla has said she isn't coming back). Without JD and Carla it wouldn't make sense to have Turk and Elliot so I think Chalke and Faison would be gone. So basically yes the rumors are that it will be basically a new cast. My guess is the show would revolve around Dr. Cox as chief of medicine with new interns and doctors. I'm not really sure how I would feel about that.

If they made it into a subset of Scrubs, like an offshoot show, then I would be okay with it. Like Scrubs II (not saying it should be called that, just the jest of what Im trying to say). I really dont want it to bring down the original show in anyway, and if it turns out to be great, then it deserves to be recognized as its own show because it would be so different from the original.

Anywho, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 01:39 AM)
If they made it into a subset of Scrubs, like an offshoot show, then I would be okay with it. Like Scrubs II (not saying it should be called that, just the jest of what Im trying to say). I really dont want it to bring down the original show in anyway, and if it turns out to be great, then it deserves to be recognized as its own show because it would be so different from the original.

Anywho, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

I thought I read that they were thinking of an ER-style show (but a comedy) where the cast would change over time. If that is the case, they could still lose some cast but not others, though with the relationships (JD-Eliott and Turk-Carla), it would be awkward in some cases.