Is the crowd dead?

GASHWOUND

Jeez, after the Atari's performance ended there was dead silence....I know some my not be fans or whatever, but how bout a little courtesy applauds..

The lead singer said "Thank you" in the mike probably being sarcastic(I'm sure of it)

It's very uncomfortable...

The crowd doesn't seem into it..that's all :huh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just telling HSC that ESPN and the players are gonna rip us for being quiet.

Berman is f***ing brutal, I wouldn't cheer if he told me to.

I wouldn't cheer if Berman told me too either..I was mostly talkin about after the band's performance

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol ian.. farmer probably complained about the noise and they sent security down to tell everyone to shut up ........ ;)

lol ian.. farmer probably complained about the noise and they sent security down to tell everyone to shut up ........ ;)

When I was watching the baseball tonight show that aired before the HR derby..it looked like the National Guard was there..There was security gaurds standing side by side across the foul line seats...a whole bunch :bang

Guest hotsoxchick1
Why is Berman forcing out these screams and fake orgasms for Giambi?  Trying to make us get excited over nothing...sad.

maybe hes constipated and its a cover up ........ :huh:

Jeez, after the Atari's performance ended there was dead silence....I know some my not be fans or whatever, but how bout a little courtesy applauds..

The lead singer said "Thank you" in the mike probably being sarcastic(I'm sure of it)

that's because it was the Ataris. I would have been quiet too.

I thought the crowd was good and man Arod is such a sharp guy. The guy could do whatever he wants, imo. And hearing him say all those nice things about Chicago, damn would he of looked nice in White Sox pinstripes. Too bad he didn't accept the offer.

Also, Dontrell seemed like a really cool kid. Its great that the Marlins get a kid like him and Lowell. Hopefully they'll keep those two (If they don't send them to the Sox :D ) and use them to build a real good fan base in South Florida.

Not that this needs to be said but, is there any doubt that Albert Pujols is the most talented all around hitter in the league right now?

I wouldn't doubt that comment. The only other guys I'd put up there with him are Soriano, A Rod and Bonds.

I wouldn't doubt that comment.  The only other guys I'd put up there with him are Soriano, A Rod and Bonds.

I can go with that. Pujols is one guy I absolutely love as is Dontrell Willis, but Willis has to prove himself more. IN all honesty, Dontrell could turn out better then Prior, who knows.

So many things can happen.

But Prior, Dontrell, Pujols, Soriano, Bonds, Vladdy they are all amazing.

Not that this needs to be said but, is there any doubt that Albert Pujols is the most talented all around hitter in the league right now?

Until he hits .370 (for a full season), walks 198 times, or hits 73 HR, yes, there's a big doubt.

Until he hits .370 (for a full season), walks 198 times, or hits 73 HR, yes, there's a big doubt.

I don't think Pujols will ever walk that many times or hit that many homers. I guess thats why I tried to phrase him as the best all-around hitter. Almost all of the homeruns he hit were between left center and right center. He utilizes those fields and is damn near impossible to strike out. And he's all of what, 23 years old?

I don't think Pujols will ever walk that many times or hit that many homers.  I guess thats why I tried to phrase him as the best all-around hitter.  Almost all of the homeruns he hit were between left center and right center.  He utilizes those fields and is damn near impossible to strike out.  And he's all of what, 23 years old?

Give him time. How long was Bonds in the League before he put up those numbers?

Did it really sound that quiet on tv? Cause it was loud there.

All they were talking about on the SCORE and AM 1000. Did someone really have to get on the PA during Pujols last 2 strikes and tell the crowd to make some noise? If that's true, that's pathetic.

the crowd seemed dead to who?

It was a very live crowd for those who were there, of which I was one. The crowd was into everything from long beofr batting practice on. I have no idea what you heard on tv but it was a beuatiful night with a lively crowd that was on top of everything was taking place.

Maybe before judgment is given, remember what yiu see on tv may be far removed from reality.

the crowd seemed dead to who?

It was a very live crowd for those who were there, of which I was one.  The crowd was into everything from long beofr batting practice on. I have no idea what you heard on tv but it was a beuatiful night with a lively crowd that was on top of everything was taking place.

Maybe before judgment is given, remember what yiu see on tv may be far removed from reality.

Im jealous! I so wish i could go to sox games...... :angry: :nono

All they were talking about on the SCORE and AM 1000. Did someone really have to get on the PA during Pujols last 2 strikes and tell the crowd to make some noise? If that's true, that's pathetic.

it is f***ing pathetic to believe that f***ing pathetic s***, CK.

Come on, you know better that that.

Every player got a bit of "a lets cheer for..." as normal and routine especially when they had no homers and 5 or more outs - but that wasn't because the crowd wasn't in the action.

When Pujols neared the record of homers in an at bat session the crowd without being told was on its feet roaring - it was a very fun and lively crowd all day (having gotten there at 3 when kids were running bases) all through every event of the day.

The park looked spectacular and I was very pleased as how the whole thing went tonight -

I am stunned that anyone reports otherwise and stunned anyone automatically believes the worst. That was a lively fun place to be and the crowd was on top of everything.

that's because it was the Ataris. I would have been quiet too.

Like I said in my first post..you don't or didn't have to like the band "The Atari's"

Just a courtesy applause..key word there....courtesy