My computer

Brian

Got a Dell Inspiron 1525 just before Christmas. Running good but now it is turning into crap right away. Everytime I boot up in the AM, it reboots itself. Sometimes a blue screen pops up, sometimes ot runs through system repair.

Sometimes when it starts up, I keep getting message about things that stop running. It's becoming a pain in the ass and am gonna call Dell, hopefully to get it replaced.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Try a clean install of the OS, that'll fix most software issues. If you still have problems, hardware somewhere has gone bad and if you can't find the culprit, it's time for a replacement.

So re-install Vista? That seems to be the answer I am getting everywhere I look.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
So re-install Vista? That seems to be the answer I am getting everywhere I look.

Yep, just like was stated, wipe it clean and see what happens. IMO, it sounds like a RAM issue, but you might as well see if there is a software issue causing it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)

Yeah, it's fairly simple to do. Back-up any files you want to keep and when you re-install, wipe the drive clean.

It seems strange since the computer is new, so I'm lead to believe that there is something else wrong with it, but since you can't ship it out for a replacement on Sunday anyway, it'll kill some time and potentially fix the issues while you wait.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
Or since you just got it and it must still be under warranty take it back.

I did something at set up that was recommended, hitting an option that says Last Good Configuration, or something. Working fine the last few days.

If it craps out again, I will be calling to exchange.