2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
I was apparently in a coma when DeRosa had a HOF career or won a world series with the Cubs, the hack fans are treating him like he's Griffey coming back to Seattle. Oh well, it's funny because it's a gigantic FU to Hendry

cubs version of Rowand

Also the Pedro talk is in regard to Harden, I think there is something there and he is not long for staying in the rotation.

Edited by Jenks Heat

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Looks like that win yesterday didn't turn the Cubs around.

And I thought the Indians would be the team that would make the Cubs hit again. Guess not, for now.

They are facing the best Cleveland has in C. Lee. The next two days they face the immortal Tomo Ohka & Jeremy Sowers, not to mention their putrid bullpen, so if theres gonna be a time to start hitting, it would be this weekend.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
LOL at Cliff Lee's reaction to Derrick Lee's HR, it was totally wind blown and C Lee threw his arms up and rolled his eyes.

Lee's at 90+ pitches and the wind is blowing out, with the Tribe pen, this could get interesting at 7-2

Seems like Indians are just waiting for the Cubs to get back into this game.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 09:43 PM)
Man, we totally jump-started their season.

Sure seem a hell of a lot more confident in their ability to come back in a game now. Even their fans were into it in the 8th, something they hadn't been before yesterday.