WBC # 2

Cubano

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
I agree.

But you were seeming to me to insinuate that there was anti-Cuban bias by an American umpire.

No, it was not anti-Cuban the calls made by the umpire. I think it was more about him knowing Matsuzaka, Ichiro, etc and not knowing the Cubans. It is similar when star players in MLB get calls while the so so players do not get the same calls. If you watch the game, the umpire did not give the inside courner to Chapman but he gave the outside and inside to Matsuzaka. Not only Chapman was upset but some Cuban relievers. The Cuban bench yelled at him and the umpire ordered them to shut up.

The main thing is that Japan won and I shut up until tomorrow when we play the loser of Mexico and Korea.

By the way, the Korean starter should be good.

Edited by Cubano

Sutcliffe (sp?) and Phillips are just epically bad announcers. Everything Sutcliffe sees is the greatest thing ever. Phillips was talking about how Cantu was tipping pitches off at 3rd base by the way he was leaning, so he attempts to prove it and call pitches, well the first one he has no clue and says what the pitch is 3 seconds after the pitch was thrown and the speed was on the screen, then for the second one he yells out fastball and it was a 75 MPH curveball. I thought Orel was going to piss himself he was laughing so hard.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
Is is strange that he's the youngest Cuban pitcher i've ever seen throw?

Do not forget Livan Hernandez and Danys Baez. They defected and debuted in MLB very young.

The first Cuban have defected during the WBC. Yuri Boza, a Cuban TV worker, defected in San Diego. He asked somebody at the airport to use a cell phone to call his brother in Miami. His brother bought him an airplane ticket to Miami. He said Cuban youth do not care about the Revolution. He also said:

"Los segurosos [agentes de la Seguridad del Estado] han mantenido a los peloteros bajo un control severo, sin dejar que se les acerque nadie''

Cuban security agents do not allow anybody to talk to the Cuban players nor allow anybody to get really close to them.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/ultimas-notic...ory/406249.html

The first Cuban have defected during the WBC. Yuri Boza, a Cuban TV worker, defected in San Diego. He asked somebody at the airport to use a cell phone to call his brother in Miami. His brother bought him an airplane ticket to Miami. He said Cuban youth do not care about the Revolution. He also said:

Interesting.

USA close to being eliminated

QUOTE (tommy @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 08:28 PM)
How retarded is the fact that USA - Puerto Rico game is on ESPN Deportes?

I get ESPN, ESPN2, Classic, NEWS, even ESPNU but not no Deportes!!! :mad:

The other day they were showing The Netherlands vs Puerto Rico in ESPN. ESPN did not show the USA game that day. I got ESPN Deportes because I have the DirectTV Spanish programming.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
JC Romero got a little too excited after the 8th pounding his chest, and going all KRod on the field.

Great 9th JC... and you will have 50 games to sit out and think about it.... HA HA.

I am happy this happened to him. He competed for the USA in a Panamerican Games. Then, he competes for Puerto Rico now. Prior to the WBC # 1, Livan Hernandez wanted to pitch por Puerto Rico. He owns a female volleyball team and had a girldfriend and property down there. Iniatially, the PuertoRricans were excited about Livan joining them. Then, the Cuban governement complained. Romero came out publicly saying only Puertorricans should play for Puerto Rico. Obviously, he forgot when he played for the USA team. Then, the Media found out and asked him about it. He is another hypocrite.

By the way, the USA came back from the dead.

Edited by Cubano