White Sox (1-1) vs. Royals (1-1) 1:05-CSN

soxfan3530

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Betemit sitting on curveball. Why aren't our hitters sitting on the fastball, and then adjusting?

Probably because the scouting report on Soria says his curveball is his dominant pitch. His fastball isn't so much ahead of his curve that you can't adjust the other way...or so at least that's the thinking.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
I'll just note; your evidence that Ozzie sucks is that in 05, when we got on a bad streak, we played just over .500 ball for a month and a half.
What's your evidence? You made the claim, but apparently can't support it. Your opinion is no more or less valid than mine.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Probably because the scouting report on Soria says his curveball is his dominant pitch. His fastball isn't so much ahead of his curve that you can't adjust the other way...or so at least that's the thinking.

Yes, but it is much easier to look fastball and adjust to any other pitch coming then it is to expect breaking ball and then adjust to a fastball. I think even Stone said it the other day in which you always want to look fastball for that reason. Only way you change that approach IMO is when the guy has a 100mph like Bobby used to and a hammer of a curve.

*waving bye as he turns his back on an pointless argument*

So you're denying it? I love how the Ozzie supporters always act like they're the smart ones when they can never provide a solid argument. I'm sorry, Ozzie sucks. I guess it's not enough that I bring up examples every time this "argument" comes up. You're right, it IS pointless because there IS no argument. Ozzie is a bad manager; simple as that.

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
What's your evidence? You made the claim, but apparently can't support it. Your opinion is no more or less valid than mine.

Holy s***. He gave you evidence (win streaks, etc.)... just stop it.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
So you're denying it? I love how the Ozzie supporters always act like they're the smart ones when they can never provide a solid argument. I'm sorry, Ozzie sucks. I guess it's not enough that I bring up examples every time this "argument" comes up. You're right, it IS pointless because there IS no argument. Ozzie is a bad manager; simple as that.

And Ozzie detracters come running in these threads every time we play one of these games. Funny, I never see you when they win.

And Ozzie detracters come running in these threads every time we play one of these games. Funny, I never see you when they win.

Ah, because every time the Sox win a game, Ozzie is directly responsible. Sorry I don't praise the man every time we win a game. Have you ever considered how many games the Sox HAVE won in spite of Ozzie? How many games Ozzie's ridiculous mistakes have costed us games? Probably not. There is simply NOTHING anyone can say as an excuse for Ozzie's constant mismanaging on the field; NOTHING. The irony is, no one really tries, just tries arguing around an argument rather than try to support a point, but I guess I can't blame them since there ISN'T one.

And I'm just talking in general. I never cursed Ozzie once during today's game so take your assumptions elsewhere.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
Ah, because every time the Sox win a game, Ozzie is directly responsible. Sorry I don't praise the man every time we win a game. Have you ever considered how many games the Sox HAVE won in spite of Ozzie? How many games Ozzie's ridiculous mistakes have costed us games? Probably not. There is simply NOTHING anyone can say as an excuse for Ozzie's constant mismanaging on the field; NOTHING. The irony is, no one really tries, just tries arguing around an argument rather than try to support a point, but I guess I can't blame them since there ISN'T one.

And I don't think the Ozzie supporters give Ozzie credit for every game, either. There's more to managing a team then pure situational numbers in a vacuum, which is what a lot of you "haters" (not picking on you, just using the phrase) like to do. The ultimate "credit" is wins and losses. Period.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)

And I'm just talking in general. I never cursed Ozzie once during today's game so take your assumptions elsewhere.

I didn't say you did, did I? So don't go saying something I didn't say.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Holy s***. He gave you evidence (win streaks, etc.)... just stop it.
After looking it up, the Sox had 3 8 game winning streaks in 2005, and only 1 7 game losing steak. Looks like I had a selective memory.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)

Bait me all you want Hurt. I don't have to give you an argument. Smarter baseball minds than me have decided that he is a good manager. If they decide to fire him...than they fire him. I'm not going to get all riled up over a manager. Or one player. Or a GM. Because at the end of the day, I just want to enjoy White Sox baseball with a couple pops and some friends.

QUOTE (almagest @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
After looking it up, the Sox had 3 8 game winning streaks in 2005, and only 1 7 game losing steak. Looks like I had a selective memory.

Seriously, watching games like this is frustrating. I tend to think that many here live and die too much on every single pitch and game, but that's just my opinion.

It's all good, if we win.

And I don't think the Ozzie supporters give Ozzie credit for every game, either. There's more to managing a team then pure situational numbers in a vacuum, which is what a lot of you "haters" (not picking on you, just using the phrase) like to do. The ultimate "credit" is wins and losses. Period.

Well excuse me for not saying "Yay, Ozzie" after every win (and since when is a manager always directly responsible for every win?). Trust me, I give credit where it is due and I actually rather like Ozzie's baseball attitude, but his constant mismanaging and stubbornness overall is a big hurdle for this team and you simply can't deny that when he makes mistakes, they are so terrible that even average joes like ME on this board can point them out and say, "WTF?!" And he makes them OFTEN.

I didn't say you did, did I? So don't go saying something I didn't say.

Uh, you kinda DID. You said Ozzie bashers come into threads after games like these. Ozzie was in the discussion; I never said anything about Ozzie doing any bad managing today.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:03 PM)
Well excuse me for not saying "Yay, Ozzie" after every win (and since when is a manager always directly responsible for every win?). Trust me, I give credit where it is due and I actually rather like Ozzie's baseball attitude, but his constant mismanaging and stubbornness overall is a big hurdle for this team and you simply can't deny that when he makes mistakes, they are so terrible that even average joes like ME on this board can point them out and say, "WTF?!" And he makes them OFTEN.

Uh, you kinda DID. You said Ozzie bashers come into threads after games like these. Ozzie was in the discussion; I never said anything about Ozzie doing any bad managing today.

As a rule, they do. When they win, it's pretty quiet. And I posted my comment to a post where you were b****ing about Ozzie. So, whatever, on that one.

It's a silly argument that overall doesn't matter a damn bit. I was just making my point about it, I'll leave it at that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Does that count the playoffs as well?
Nope:

Longest Winning Streak 8 Apr 18 to Apr 25, Apr 30 to May 8 and Jun 15 to Jun 24

Longest Losing Streak 7 Aug 12 to Aug 20

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)
Seriously, watching games like this is frustrating. I tend to think that many here live and die too much on every single pitch and game, but that's just my opinion.

It's all good, if we win.

I'm not particularly frustrated with today's game, at least not any more than I would be on any other day when we waste a good pitching performance. I just don't think Ozzie is particularly good at utilising the offensive talent we have. I think he's good at managing the pitching staff and the bullpen, though.

As a rule, they do. When they win, it's pretty quiet. And I posted my comment to a post where you were b****ing about Ozzie. So, whatever, on that one.

It's a silly argument that overall doesn't matter a damn bit. I was just making my point about it, I'll leave it at that.

That's fine. It's just that you said it in response to my criticism of Ozzie, so it only makes sense that you'd be directing it at me; otherwise what's the point of saying it?