4/20 Games

danman31

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 10:28 AM)
Betemit's only played out there twice, he isn't an option. If they ditch Owens then we have 3.5 CF (Alexei and Quentin has played the position, hell Jim Callis thinks we should start him there) on the roster and maybe 6 guys that can play the corners in a pinch (Dye, Quentin, Anderson, Lillibridge, Getz, Ramirez). I don't see it as a problem.

I'd have no problem with Quentin in CF and finding a way to get a guy like Allen up and playing LF. Our defense already sucks, might as well try to rake.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
I'd have no problem with Quentin in CF and finding a way to get a guy like Allen up and playing LF. Our defense already sucks, might as well try to rake.

No thanks, I have no desire to see Buehrle put up a 5.00 ERA this year. Our defense is mediocre but you're just pushing to a level of epically bad with a move like that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:28 AM)
If anything, I think we should maybe have Beckham play CF for a couple games in Birmingham, just to see how he does.

You spent a pretty high pick to pick up a guy who projects to be a plus offensive player at a premium position. Why exactly are we at a rush to move him to another position. Alexei will move to CF before they move Beckham out of the middle of the infield.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 08:29 AM)
You spent a pretty high pick to pick up a guy who projects to be a plus offensive player at a premium position. Why exactly are we at a rush to move him to another position. Alexei will move to CF before they move Beckham out of the middle of the infield.

If we really want to be overly long term about things...let's assume that D2: the mighty Danks projects as a CF. Or Shelby (hell, where does he usually play? No idea). Alexei is under contract for 3 more years. Beckham, we'd control for 6-7 starting whenever he came up. We're going to need to either extend Alexei or find a replacement for him before we're going to need to find one for Beckham, and we've got extra guys who pencil out to play CF already in the organization.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 11:16 AM)
If we really want to be overly long term about things...let's assume that D2: the mighty Danks projects as a CF. Or Shelby (hell, where does he usually play? No idea). Alexei is under contract for 3 more years. Beckham, we'd control for 6-7 starting whenever he came up. We're going to need to either extend Alexei or find a replacement for him before we're going to need to find one for Beckham, and we've got extra guys who pencil out to play CF already in the organization.

and that's assuming that Brian Anderson doesn't become a mainstay in CF.

Edited by witesoxfan