4/23/09 SOX @ O's - 6:05pm CDT - CSN/CSN+

knightni

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 11:51 PM)
yikes...i was encouraged by the way colon had been pithcing....now im getting pretty worried

Yep, this is one of the worst starts by a White Sox starter in a long time. Ozzie's not going to be able to go with a 5 man rotation with these guys for too long.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
yikes...i was encouraged by the way colon had been pithcing....now im getting pretty worried

Well, danks had an outing about this bad around this time of. Year last year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
Well, danks had an outing about this bad around this time of. Year last year.

danks wasnt throwing only 88mph 2 seamers with shoddy location though

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
It's a shame that we have 3 young stud starters and 2 old washed up pieces of sh##

well kw's excuse for not getting a cfer was that there were none available(b.s.), so whats his excuse now for not getting another starter?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:55 PM)
danks wasnt throwing only 88mph 2 seamers with shoddy location though

Is that because he doesnt have a 2-seamer? Because every pitcher has a bad game. Everyone was singing Colon's praise through his first 2 starts, one bad outing and off the ship you all go.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
Danks is good, Colon is a bum.

That's beside the point really, and besides he had a lot of doubters at that point. He went on to bbe phenomenal. Just saying, its one start. One really bad start.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
Is that because he doesnt have a 2-seamer? Because every pitcher has a bad game. Everyone was singing Colon's praise through his first 2 starts, one bad outing and off the ship you all go.

Bad Contreras + Bad Colon = Sunk Ship.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 12:58 AM)
well kw's excuse for not getting a cfer was that there were none available(b.s.), so whats his excuse now for not getting another starter?

Because Jeff Marquez is a Jon Garland clone.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)

im not really that worried about hte results...i realize guys have games where it seems they can't get outs...but its just how visibly bad colon looks that has me a bit concerned

QUOTE (Jimmywins1 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
Bad Contreras + Bad Colon = Sunk Ship.

s***, where is that ship going to go when Buehrle, Danks and Floyd have bad starts? Wait, Floyd already did and people on here were saying last year was a fluke.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)

Yeah seriously, sometimes I really worry that soxtalk is going to orfanize an impromptu mass suicide after a loss one day.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 24, 2009 -> 01:00 AM)
im not really that worried about hte results...i realize guys have games where it seems they can't get outs...but its just how visibly bad colon looks that has me a bit concerned

Yep, especially since this is on 5 full days rest.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
s***, where is that ship going to go when Buehrle, Danks and Floyd have bad starts? Wait, Floyd already did and people on here were saying last year was a fluke.

that's when we hear talk of our top 5 pick.