What the hell do we do now?

CWSOX45

Many members of this board have been calling for Jerry's head for awhile now. I think that if the White Sox still had any dignity for themselves they would have fired Jerry after last night's loss. The Sox are the first team I believe to have a losing record to Detroit.

There's one problem, here's the other. With July 31st coming up I highly doubt we'll still be in contention. So what do we do with Alomar, Everett and such? We know Colon will be dealt which is fine with me, but what about the new guys? Do we Just keep em til the end and then receive draft compensation?

I'm a very frustrated Sox fan again..... :angry:

CWSOX45

I have a new conspiracy theory.

I am starting to wonder because of the character of the players, and all of the contracts ending this year, if upper management is trying to tank this season, so that they have an excuse to bring no one back next year, and proclaim a youth movement to save money. That way they can look into the cameras and say "we tried, but it didn't work, so now we are going to take a different direction."

Um, I think it's time that you face the fact that this season is over. We may have some pretty talented individuals, but as a team, we have no guts and no heart. Like I told Bmr, I just hope the Sox get some good prospects when WF 2 happens, because it's coming.

I went to bed last evening thinking if Seattle and the Sox swept we would be right there. Now I could give a s*** about the rest of this season. I will not care about this team until they are a game out of first. I will not renew my season tickets and I will not attend to watch this piss poor organization any longer. This is a f***ing disgrace and although I do not feel the manager is to blame something needs to be done and manuel does not seem to be able to get this team to paly to their capabilities. That is the sole responsability of the manager. reisdorf and manuel are pathetic piece of s*** losers and I feel like a fool for spending money on this s***. one word disgraceful.

I quit the posting around the 4th inning when we were down 9-1 after Colon and Sanders got beat up. I looked at ESPN once and it was 9-5. Never thought our offense would make a game of it but they did. However, run #10 scored off of Billy Botch. I see he did get 3 K's though. White was the only effective pitcher last night.

Interviews before the game have Sox players going on about the great pitching. What happened to Colon? He has been so inconsistent pitching a brilliant game here and there to make us remember the 20-8 record and then he falls apart.

Manuel says we should take heart in the fact the Sox showed offense. OK Jerry, but we lost and are now 8 games behind KC and the Twins passed us. KC beats Seattle Jerry, who arguably are the best team in the AL and we lose to the Tigers Jerry. Get a clue man!

I am starting to wonder because of the character of the players, and all of the contracts ending this year, if upper management is trying to tank this season, so that they have an excuse to bring no one back next year, and proclaim a youth movement to save money.  That way they can look into the cameras and say "we tried, but it didn't work, so now we are going to take a different direction."

So what is your theory? Who is behind it?

The players? Why would, in a contract year, they purposefully 'tank it"? All that would do is cost them money.

Management? Whether a new manager is the answer or not, its not like the management has enough control to make the players strike out, fail to move base runners or make errors.

There is no conspiracy, things just aren't going the Sox way. I am sure there are many factors, but sabotage isn't one of them.

Guest hotsoxchick1
What happened to Colon?
he sucks....43 pitches in the first inning alone should tell someone that hes having problems get him the hell out of there.........geez us..........he had to warm up 3 different times yesterday nite before the game actually started... hell they had sanders up there twice warming in the pen..... i guess it all boils down to who can handle the delay better and last nite it was detroit..........it took till the 5th or 6th inning for our guys to figure out how to get on base for cryin out loud.... detroit had that mastered down in the first inning...... we have got to get it through someones head to get these guys to start playin a bit of small ball or were gonna continue to get creamed by teams like detroit who are good at it..........

Um, I think it's time that you face the fact that this season is over.  We may have some pretty talented individuals, but as a team, we have no guts and no heart.  Like I told Bmr, I just hope the Sox get some good prospects when WF 2 happens, because it's coming.

I'm not sure if this is directed at me but I have no hope left. In my post I never indicated that I have any faith left in this team.

I just asked what the hell do we do with certain players.

CWSOX45

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm not sure if this is directed at me but I have no hope left. In my post I never indicated that I have any faith left in this team.

CWSOX45

we dump them and get someone in here who actually wants to go through the motions and play a bit of baseball..... and if things dont shape up most of those guys you want gone are gonna be gone.....its only gonna be a matter of time before we are once again in the wonderful state of REBUILDING............

CWSOX45

we dump them and get someone in here who actually wants to go through the motions and play a bit of baseball..... and if things dont shape up most of those guys you want gone are gonna be gone.....its only gonna be a matter of time before we are once again in the wonderful state of REBUILDING............

LOL.

Basically what you've been preaching all year right HSC?

Well I have to agree with you.

CWSOX45

I am starting to wonder because of the character of the players, and all of the contracts ending this year, if upper management is trying to tank this season, so that they have an excuse to bring no one back next year, and proclaim a youth movement to save money.  That way they can look into the cameras and say "we tried, but it didn't work, so now we are going to take a different direction."

then why get R Alomar and Everett?

we can easily make a run if this team jells - that is what RA and Everett were supposed to do - the attempt is enough to say the conspiracy theories are not valid