Anybody Know?

CubKilla

Anybody know the minimum season attendence number necessary for Jerry Reinsdorf to pay rent for using USCF to the State of Illinois?

I'll admit..... I haven't gone to a ballgame at USCF since 05/25 when I declared to Guido, HSC, and YASNY that I will not attend another White Sox game until JM and/or KW is fired, the team becomes competitive, and/or JR sells the team. Since JR seems to get off on f***ing the White Sox fans up the ass (chiding fans in MN after clinching in 2000 for questioning '97's White Flag Trade, telling a season ticket holder at an offseason season tix holder meeting to "Shut up!" a few years ago, taxpayers paying for JR's Folley on 35th and Veeck Dr., blaming fans for not being able to make the White Sox competitive, etc.), I was wondering what the minimum number of fans in attendance for a season at USCF would consitute JR having to pay rent for use of USCF. With his reluctance to fire KW and/or JM, sell the team to someone who cares, etc., the only way I can come up with the fans being able to f*** JR where he cares is to actually show up and watch this s*** that is supposed to be baseball and drive those attendance numbers up. While you're there, boo Manuel, boo Botch, boo Williams if he has the balls to show his in-way-over-his-head face in the seating area, and boo the team when they fall behind an AL bottom feeder 9-1. Once the number is reached and JR must pay rent for using USCF, White Sox fans could tell JR to take a flying leap off his upper deck and go :fyou himself. Then really send a message and STAY HOME after that attendence number is achieved. If I knew it could be done, I'd head over to USCF every game I could.

Not that I think this is ever going to happen. I thought it would be wonderful for White Sox fans with the disposable income to send JR a message he might hear loud and clear. Then again, JR thinks he knows better than all us fans. Why else would he tell us to "Shut up!"? :rolleyes:

Guest hotsoxchick1
1.6 million people...

BTW he makes more money if people show up. ;)

the number is somewhere around 1.6 yes... but no, he gets more money if they dont show up from the state...... ;) but i wonder now if all thats gonna change since us cellular took over??? theres gotta be something down on that deal, if they have the hold on the stadium for the next 25 years..........dont ya think.........if not then we should write the congress men and women and the gov and let him know were tired of payin for jr's s***......... :headbang

1.6 million people...

the number is somewhere around 1.6 yes... but no, he gets more money if they dont show up from the state...... ;) but i wonder now if all thats gonna change since us cellular took over??? theres gotta be something down on that deal, if they have the hold on the stadium for the next 25 years..........dont ya think.........if not then we should write the congress men and women and the gov and let him know were tired of payin for jr's s***......... :headbang

The number where the state pays him is like 1.2 or 1.4 mil right? I was under the impression that over 1.6 mil the extra attendance more than paid for the rent that JR has to pay.

You're right. But I just can't think of any other way to get back at this pompous, greed mongerer.

I know concessions account for alot of the money made for the White Sox. That's why I hardly buy s*** when I'm there. At least with the ticket, the feds, state, county, and city get a piece of that. I suppose that's true with the concessions too, but it is much less.

This s*** I'm seeing out of USCF is just clouding my better judgment. Maybe it was a stupid idea. But I didn't know the State Assembly would be so stupid as to set the attendance figure at 1.6 million. That's un-f***ing-acceptable. No reason to be competitive when the State Assembly sets the number that high.

Guest hotsoxchick1
You're right. But I just can't think of any other way to get back at this pompous, greed mongerer.

I know concessions account for alot of the money made for the White Sox. That's why I hardly buy s*** when I'm there. At least with the ticket, the feds, state, county, and city get a piece of that. I suppose that's true with the concessions too, but it is much less.

This s*** I'm seeing out of USCF is just clouding my better judgment. Maybe it was a stupid idea. But I didn't know the State Assembly would be so stupid as to set the attendance figure at 1.6 million. That's un-f***ing-acceptable. No reason to be competitive when the State Assembly sets the number that high.

makes you wonder whos pocket jr had his hands in huh..........like i said write the congress or the gov.. ....im gonna go down to records and see if theres anything filed on the us cellular deal ......tax payers cant keep payin for the stadium now that the name has changed hands......

And Jerry Reinsdorf had a license to print money. The White Sox received all revenue from New Comiskey, which boasted nearly 2,000 premium-priced club seats and almost 100 luxury boxes. (Meanwhile, bleacher seating was reduced from 10,000 to 3,500.) Reinsdorf would later estimate that the park was worth $20 million/year to the Sox. The club paid none of the construction costs. Moreover, their lease provided that they would owe no rent in any season where attendance fell below 1,200,000/year, and that if after 10 years, attendance ever fell below 1,500,000 in any season, the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority would buy 300,000 additional tickets.

Illinois taxpayers and tourists are still paying for New Comiskey. The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, which owns New Comiskey, financed the $167 million by issuing bonds. The bonds are repaid through annual contributions of $5 million/year from the State of Illinois and City of Chicago, with another $8 million/year generated from a 2% hotel tax.

The lease is actually much better than I thought. I didn't realize how much better it got in 2002 (the 11th year) :o

Guest hotsoxchick1
And Jerry Reinsdorf had a license to print money. The White Sox received all revenue from New Comiskey, which boasted nearly 2,000 premium-priced club seats and almost 100 luxury boxes. (Meanwhile, bleacher seating was reduced from 10,000 to 3,500.) Reinsdorf would later estimate that the park was worth $20 million/year to the Sox. The club paid none of the construction costs. Moreover, their lease provided that they would owe no rent in any season where attendance fell below 1,200,000/year, and that if after 10 years, attendance ever fell below 1,500,000 in any season, the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority would buy 300,000 additional tickets.

Illinois taxpayers and tourists are still paying for New Comiskey. The Illinois Sports Facilities Authority, which owns New Comiskey, financed the $167 million by issuing bonds. The bonds are repaid through annual contributions of $5 million/year from the State of Illinois and City of Chicago, with another $8 million/year generated from a 2% hotel tax.

The lease is actually much better than I thought. I didn't realize how much better it got in 2002 (the 11th year) :o

yeah but with a change of owner ship doesnt that deal go out the window now.. us cellular owns comiskey park now......right????

yeah but with a change of owner ship doesnt that deal go out the window now.. us cellular owns comiskey park now......right????

They don't own Comiskey, the Illinois Parks Dept does. That's why JR had to get permission to sell the naming rights. Basically all they paid for was the ulitimate advertising. The only thing that changed in the lease was the they made JR extend the lease so that the Sox would be guarenteed to be there as long as the naming rights extended for.

1.6 million people...

The attendance figure is based on full price tickets sold. So the comps, the military, straight A student, half priced Monday and Tuesday, they don't count against the total.

1.6 million people...

US Cellular just bought the name, they don't have control of anything I believe.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im gonna go to public records anyhow to see whats what.......i recall reading somewhere that some things change with the original deal jr had with the parks department under the selling of name.......as for the attendance figures yes ... the comps dont count.. so each and every half price pepsi nite and whatever is just more free for jr..........

the comps dont count.. so each and every half price pepsi nite and whatever is just more free for jr..........

That's a f***ing joke. No wonder why this team is so f***ing mediocre. And 1.6 million is a hell of a number to reach when 25% of your games don't even count towards the attendance figures. How old is JR? f***.....

Nobody benefits from lower attendance. JR just doesn't make as much per fan as the attendance grows. Instead of getting 80% of the revenue while atteracting 1M fans he is getting around 50% after 1.6M, he is not losing by getting more fans his bottom kind just grows at a lower rate but in total it is much greater to get 2M than 1.3M. The state and tax payers just benefit the more fans that show up, JR does not suffer.

That's a f***ing joke. No wonder why this team is so f***ing mediocre. And 1.6 million is a hell of a number to reach when 25% of your games don't even count towards the attendance figures. How old is JR? f***.....

JR got a great deal, dangling Tampa in front of the old Governor. You can't blame him for that. I wonder if he would have moved to Tampa what would have happened. He probably would have wanted a new stadium, which he would not get, and probably would have moved from there by now. As bleak as the picture looks at 35th and Shields, I believe he's much better off there than he would have been in Florida.

Just looking at that stadium and the attendance in that area, I think the Sox could have ended up being one of the contracted franchises.

If Selig steps down before contraction and the new Commish doesn't owe JR any favors..... it could very well happen. Especially if the new Commish buys into the whole contraction idea.