Scott Podsednik time?

Linnwood

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Linnwood @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
What exactly happened to BA today? I see Cowley is saying it is a right oblique.

the thing that really blows is that it's a no activity type injury, you just have to be immobile and wait for it to heal. BA's timing had really come around - hope he can pick it back up. Worse, I hope he doesn't get stuck down in Charlotte during a rehab assignment.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
Interesting if they release Owens, but I am not sold on the story yet

I don't think they would release Owens, they could always call him up in Sept. to pinch run, maybe they will just send him back to Charlotte. Pods is better than him. Not much, but better. What is curious is if BA has to be DL'd. Ozzie sounded like that probably won't happen but according to everyone who talked to BA, the guy was moving extremely gingerly. I supposed they would call up Nix and Pods, DL BA and send Owens back. Charlotte Knights fans are probably wearing grocery bags on their heads. That team is awful.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
the thing that really blows is that it's a no activity type injury, you just have to be immobile and wait for it to heal. BA's timing had really come around - hope he can pick it back up. Worse, I hope he doesn't get stuck down in Charlotte during a rehab assignment.

Since BA was the starter, if he goes on the DL, does he regain his starting job when he comes back from injury?

By Mark Gonzales

White Sox center fielder Brian Anderson said he was advised by trainer Herm Schneider to not to test his right side. Anderson hurt his side in his second at-bat and aggravated it in the seventh inning, causing him to leave the game. From the delibrate manner in which Anderson spoke, he could be headed to the disabled list.

Meanwhile, Jerry Owens carried his bag and shook hands with teammates before leaving the clubhouse. The Sox said they will not make any roster moves until Friday, but Scott Podsednik could be promoted if Owens is off the roster.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 06:49 PM)
Admittedly, PODS is a better hitter than Owens, but they both still suck.

I'm sure there could be worse things in life...

Genital Warts

Rectal Bleeding

Exploding Ulcer

just to name a few...

I'm ok seeing what Pods can do. Hell...try to stay positive that maybe he'll spark the offense.

I'm convinced Lillibridge is putting some curse on players in order to stay on the roster. First Nix, then Getz, and now Anderson. I can't believe we might have to watch Pods play a month straight in CF against LHP/RHP. Please KW, go find someone else or move Alexei to CF and let the Slayer era begin!

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 01:07 AM)
I could open the "what if we had actually signed Torii Hunter" can of worms if we're opening cans of worms...

or of course not trade Swisher when his value is at his lowest. Swisher is a Gold Glover compared to Pods in CF.