Sox have 2 candidates for...

whitesox247

AL comeback player of the year: Frank Thomas, White Sox

Hmmm, Thomas ... or Loaiza? The White Sox have a couple of candidates for comeback player of the year (and if Roberto Alomar re-signs there as a free agent, they'll certainly have another candidate next year). The pick here is Thomas, because his value to the White Sox when he's on comes in many different ways. And he has traveled quite a distance, from getting scolded by Paul Konerko last year on the weekend before the All-Star Game for not being a team guy to being a legitimate candidate for the game this July.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6483237

Next year we'll have a whole s***potful of candidates for Comeback Player of the Year. At least at the beginning of the 2004 season. Of course, if they duplicate their 2003 season(s) next year, they wouldn't really qualify for the Comeback award.

And, Jason, I wasn't aware that Everett had such a bad year last year. If that is the case, then please tell me why we gave up so much for him.

Everett was banged up last year, but this year he's playing very well and has always been one of the more talented players in the majors. Most of the guys in the deal aren't that great in my mind. I still can't say whether the Sox won or lost this deal simply because the trade isn't finalized.

Plus, if the Sox get two first rounders out of it plus get Everetts services for a few months for free, then they are definately doing just fine.

Everett was banged up last year, but this year he's playing very well and has always been one of the more talented players in the majors.  Most of the guys in the deal aren't that great in my mind.  I still can't say whether the Sox won or lost this deal simply because the trade isn't finalized.

Plus, if the Sox get two first rounders out of it plus get Everetts services for a few months for free, then they are definately doing just fine.

Jason, Carl Everett has averaged the following numbers over the 8 years of his career.

17 HR

67 RBI

And that INCLUDES his two monster years. He may be talented, but those two years have clouded everyone's brain as to the kind of player he really is. He is an average player at best who has the ability to have a huge year if the stars align properly. There are lots of those type players in the Big Leagues, including Carlos Lee, who's numbers are better.

To be comeback player of the year, don't you need something to come back from? As far as I'm concernd, E-Lo never arrived as a major force until this season, so what did he come back from? He was just a below average pitcher before this season...

To be comeback player of the year, don't you need something to come back from?  As far as I'm concernd, E-Lo never arrived as a major force until this season, so what did he come back from?  He was just a below average pitcher before this season...

Wasn't he injured last season :huh: ?

Everett was banged up last year, but this year he's playing very well and has always been one of the more talented players in the majors.  Most of the guys in the deal aren't that great in my mind.  I still can't say whether the Sox won or lost this deal simply because the trade isn't finalized.

Jason, Carl Everett has averaged the following numbers over the 8 years of his career.

17 HR

67 RBI

And that INCLUDES his two monster years. He may be talented, but those two years have clouded everyone's brain as to the kind of player he really is. He is an average player at best who has the ability to have a huge year if the stars align properly. There are lots of those type players in the Big Leagues, including Carlos Lee, who's numbers are better.

first you attack king alvarez, then jurassic carl in the same day.

enough! :fyou

Rex, I agree his numbers aren't great, career wise. But he did develop into a pretty good player and when healthy he has been pretty good. From what I've seen of him I love what he does.

The Sox did overpay though. Well if the Rangers take Pacheco and Rupe they overpaid.