Ozzie Guillen, Manager of the Sox?

Chisoxfn

Was reading the trib and saw this

Florida third base coach Ozzie Guillen spoke to White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf on Thursday, but he wasn't looking for a job.

Guillen has remained friends with Reinsdorf since leaving the organization and still consults with him about investments.

Guillen said he believes he's capable of managing in the big leagues, but he respects Sox manager Jerry Manuel too much to campaign for his job.

This is really interesting to see. I wouldn't be against having Guillen a part of the organization in some way. I still stick to my guns that Backman or DJ would be good managers, but I like how Jerry keeps some of his really good fundemental players around.

Fisk would be another really good guy to have in this organization, too bad he isn't. I don't know if I'd risk hiring him right off the bat, especially with a candidate in Backman around, but I could definately see him on the coaching staff.

I know one thing, he would of been a good hire as a base coach, although I have no complaints with Kim (Way better then Waving Wally).

Nah!! I would love him as a coach with Wally tho. I would love to see Wally Ball. I think Maggs, Carl, Robbie, Olivo, Lee, Willie Even Rowand and Jose can steal bases. Use that.

Maggs has good speed. I tought manuek said once Maggs would be a 30-30 guy

Nah!! I would love him as a coach with Wally tho. I would love to see Wally Ball. I think Maggs, Carl, Robbie, Olivo, Lee, Willie Even Rowand and Jose can steal bases. Use that.

Maggs has good speed. I tought manuek said once Maggs would be a 30-30 guy

I could definately see Guillen as a base coach for Wally Backman or some sort of a coach. Both preach the same style and such.

beside wally, another manager that the sox have that is worth looking into is cron,

ref to ozzie, let see how he does as coach, remember how he left, a very bitter person b/c he still thought he still could play

I don't know much about Cron other then he's with Great Falls now and was with the Rockies AAA team last year.

I think it would be pretty rare for a rookie ball guy to become a major league manager. I like Levya though.

Leyva = Manuel

I saw too much of Leyva in winterball, Too pasive same as Manuel

Backman is the only guy I'd want right now. I wouldn't have a problem with Fisk though. From what I've heard he was alwasy a really sharp player (I really never got to see him in his prime, only during the downside of his career).

I wasn't impressed with his dissapearing act during the futures game, but thats not really something you spend a lot of time managing.

The Problem is that Fisk departed bitter too. JR really f***ed up with Fisk. That's why Fisk has the Red Sox cap on right now in the hall of fame.

Fisk was always a smart player, batted second in 1983. Great Player, I think he'll manage someday/somewhere

The Problem is that Fisk departed bitter too. JR really f***ed up with Fisk. That's why Fisk has the Red Sox cap on right now in the hall of fame.

Fisk was always a smart player, batted second in 1983. Great Player, I think he'll manage someday/somewhere

we covered the subject of fisk departure, read it and let me know what you think ok

Where is it. Fisk departed A bitter man with JR. Reisndork didn't let him enter the clubhouse in 1993 to wish the team luck after he'd been released. I would be bitter, I wouldn't work for a person who treatedme like s*** after i played and played hard for 13 years for his team

Where is it. Fisk departed A bitter man with JR. Reisndork didn't let him enter the clubhouse in 1993 to wish the team luck after he'd been released. I would be bitter, I wouldn't work for a person who treatedme like s*** after i played and played hard for 13 years for his team

ask jas where we talked about it this night, i can't remember, i am going to sleep.

see ya, don't want to be ya. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont see any of them .. ozzie or fisk comin here........ozzie is too mellow and jr burnt any bridges with fisk a long time ago...........no way no how that either happens to be jm on the south side anytime soon............. just aint gonna happen.........

Ozzie would be a great add as a coach. We need someone who understands the game and the fundimentals of it.

I assume this is a joke. That little prick never got it in his head the entire time he was here that it would help the team if he got on base every once in a while. He was a career .264 hitter (not too bad) with a career OBP of .287 (inexcusable). s***, Royce Clayton was at least as good a SS as Ozzie and while his career BA is only .255 his career OBP is .309. We couldn't wait to get him out of here. I felt the same way about Ozzie. Understanding the game means doing what it takes to win. Ozzie didn't understand s***.

I assume this is a joke.  That little prick never got it in his head the entire time he was here that it would help the team if he got on base every once in a while.  He was a career .264 hitter (not too bad) with a career OBP of .287 (inexcusable).  s***, Royce Clayton was at least as good a SS as Ozzie and while his career BA is only .255 his career OBP is .309.  We couldn't wait to get him out of here.  I felt the same way about Ozzie.  Understanding the game means doing what it takes to win.  Ozzie didn't understand s***.

I agree completely.

And totally.

And absolutely.

And that's not beginning to get into some of his fan-unfriendly moments.

I liked Ozzie - we all liked him - but we liked him overmuch for what we got.

I assume this is a joke.  That little prick never got it in his head the entire time he was here that it would help the team if he got on base every once in a while.  He was a career .264 hitter (not too bad) with a career OBP of .287 (inexcusable).  s***, Royce Clayton was at least as good a SS as Ozzie and while his career BA is only .255 his career OBP is .309.  We couldn't wait to get him out of here.  I felt the same way about Ozzie.  Understanding the game means doing what it takes to win.  Ozzie didn't understand s***.

He could bunt, he could steal, and he could play defense, how many guys on this team can say that?

He could bunt, he could steal, and he could play defense, how many guys on this team can say that?

Not many that's for sure! Ozzie was a good player and always hustled. He was fun to watch and I think he would be a good coach for the Sox. However, it is the idea of Carlton Fisk managing the Sox that intrigues me the most. Whether he would play for JR again is a valid question. He dissed Fisk and it was inexcusable.

Not many that's for sure! Ozzie was a good player and always hustled. He was fun to watch and I think he would be a good coach for the Sox. However, it is the idea of Carlton Fisk managing the Sox that intrigues me the most. Whether he would play for JR again is a valid question. He dissed Fisk and it was inexcusable.

the ability to manage is very different than the ability to play

Ozzie could be a jerk when he wanted to be and I see him as no student of the game.

Fisk is perhaps my favorite player ever but no way do I want to see him manage - Fisk had his own set of rules when he was with us which were justified by his play and work ethic, and he is as old school as they come - he knows the game but can he teach and coach? I doubt it.

If being an old favorite qualifies one for coaching, I am glad that KW is GM and not some of us (excepting Jason who should be GM). And I gag while I type that about KW.