Sauer/Gilmore Players of the Week

flavum

I'm just gonna say it again cuz it's fun. Gilmore's from my town, went to my rival high school, and my brother struck him out once. I hope he makes it so I can keep saying it over and over.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Poreda's #13 on the Prospect Hot Sheet. Not sure if that's been posted.

Also, that Santana trade is looking worse and worse for the Twins...Smith hasn't distinguished himself with his first two big trades.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prosp...009/268168.html

Trading Garza and Bartlett for Young was one of the worst moves made by a GM in the past 3 years, IMO.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 26, 2009 -> 02:26 AM)
Vitters number one? He's in low A, thats a bold statement.

Its just a hot sheet, who is hot right now. I will say if they keep him down there and he keeps his numbers up, the Cubs may con someone into paying a big price for him. The Cubs should have really moved him up by now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 26, 2009 -> 07:28 AM)
And it looks like Brett Wallace is on the fast track to the bigs.

Yep, he's been very good every step of the way and it's no different now that he's in Memphis. I know we were rumored to like him a lot in last year's draft, so I like keeping tabs on what he's up to. Plus, now he's in Memphis, so I'll probably see him play a few times this summer.

Smoak, the guy I really liked a lot last year, has been mashing this year. .324 BA, 6 HR, 25 RBI, 8 2B, 31 BB, 29 K, .443 OBP, .500 SLG, .943 OPS.

Considering that Blalock is a FA after the year and not that good anymore, and Chris Davis simply isn't good, we could see Smoak up later this year with a good shot at starting at 1B for the Rangers next year.

Also, Julio Borbon has been on the fast track to the majors. The Rangers have a really nice looking offense setting up for next year and the future. And, it's not like their offense is all that bad now.

Edited by BearSox