Summer of '09 television thread

juddling

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
I wasn't crazy about the Entourage opener, but I thought the 2nd episode was a nice bounce back. Loved the running Seth Rogen joke through the whole episode.

I agree. I thought the second episode was a lot better than the season premier. The Seth Rogen jokes were funny, especially the look on Drama's face when his girl admitted to screwing him. I wonder what Rogen did to piss of the Entourage writers. Also liked the part when E deleted and Sloan's text and proceeded to go to that other girl's place. But couldnt the casting department find someone who didn't look like one of the Olsen twins? Yuck....

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
I agree. I thought the second episode was a lot better than the season premier. The Seth Rogen jokes were funny, especially the look on Drama's face when his girl admitted to screwing him. I wonder what Rogen did to piss of the Entourage writers. Also liked the part when E deleted and Sloan's text and proceeded to go to that other girl's place. But couldnt the casting department find someone who didn't look like one of the Olsen twins? Yuck....

Seriously, that girl was not attractive whatsoever. I liked how he was ignoring Sloan at the end but going from Sloan to that chick...ouch

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 12:23 AM)
I wasn't crazy about the Entourage opener, but I thought the 2nd episode was a nice bounce back. Loved the running Seth Rogen joke through the whole episode.

"She loves me. Better get some rubbers." That girl that went to the premiere with Drama looked so familiar and I can't place it.

And I agree with the others that said they shoudl of cast a cuter girl than the thirs Olsen Twin. She is probably gonna turn stalker.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
Weeds has been pretty solid so far this season. Entourage...meh. Why did they have to introduce this new guy at the agency? Who cares about him.

They introduced him last season. And it's pretty nice to see an agent different than Ari who's going to have problems like cheating on his wife.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
They introduced him last season. And it's pretty nice to see an agent different than Ari who's going to have problems like cheating on his wife.

Meh. I couldn't imagine the target audience of this show getting too excited about the story arc involving this guy.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
Meh. I couldn't imagine the target audience of this show getting too excited about the story arc involving this guy.

I can. It's more about Ari. Imagine one of your best friends, who you took from the gutter, gave him the lifestyle that he could only dream of by giving him a second chance on life, and you find out he's jeopardizing everything. Do you keep the guy because he makes you money, or do you fire the guy because he is morally wrong? It would be a great thing for Ari to deal with. How do you fire one of your best friends?

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
I can. It's more about Ari. Imagine one of your best friends, who you took from the gutter, gave him the lifestyle that he could only dream of by giving him a second chance on life, and you find out he's jeopardizing everything. Do you keep the guy because he makes you money, or do you fire the guy because he is morally wrong? It would be a great thing for Ari to deal with. How do you fire one of your best friends?

What are you a writer for the show or something?

At a weekend Comic-Con panel, show ringmaster and freshly minted Emmy nominee Seth MacFarlane says Stewie, Peter and the crew will tackle abortion—but he's not sure whether the episode will even make it to air.

"Twentieth Century Fox, as always, allowed us to produce the episode and then said, 'You know what? We're scared to f--king death of this.' "

While MacFarlane skimped on plot details and Fox remains mum on the episode, the Family Guy guy did suggest that the network will likely balk and only release the episode on DVD, similar to what happened with the show's infamous 2000 installment "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein," in which family patriarch Peter Griffin sets out to convert Christ to Judaism because he thinks it'll make him rich.

We're not sure about conversion, but controversy has paid off for big Mac, so we doubt he's sweating the fate of his abortion episode.

MacFarlane just inked a whopping $100 million deal with Fox that will keep Family Guy and its cousin, American Dad, on the air until 2012, making him the highest-paid writer-producer in tube history.

Link

QUOTE (DePloderer @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
Can anyone tell me why they have cancelled Life and The Unit? We loved those programs over here.

I don't know, but I really liked The Unit and was mad to hear it was getting canceled. Though apparently, they're trying to see if another network will pick it up, but I doubt it happens.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:40 PM)
Big Brother has been trashtastic...I love it!

I cannot watch "Fake"-ality tv.

That's what I call it, because it obviously isn't reality. COPS, the News(not a good example), and Sporting events are examples of "REAL" tv. To each their own.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jul 28, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Psych Season 4 stars August 7th. This Season looks like a hit...not a miss. Three, One, then Two is how I'd rate the seasons so far.

Pretty excited. I just started watching Psych at the beginning of Season 3, so I bought Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and am 5 episodes in to Season 2 so far. Almost completely caught up.