I think PK is back

Bighurt52235

We don't want to trade Paul Konerko. He will be a true force for the Sox in the second half. He has battled back from a horrendous first half and never gave up. He never made excuses, second guessed the manager or quit being a team player.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Maybe other teams will realize he is back and we can trade him!

God I hope so.

thats what im thinking too...........he may be hitting lately but hes still slower than molassas in january on the base paths....... ;)

why do people keep saying that the sox should trade pk?

i the ones who should be traded or entertain offers are clee, mags, and yes even colon.

LDF and I are usually on the same page, and I've got no problem dealing Lee and Colon, but I love Maggs.

Why would you want to deal him LDF? Too expensive?

olivo is a catcher with perhaps the strongest arm in the american league...(remember him throwing out crawford in tampa bay)...a catcher isnt expected to hit and the only catchers who hit well are ones who suck at defense...i think the sox have plenty of bats and need olivo's arm and defense much more than his hitting ability..

As for Konerko i think he will be one of the better hitters in the second half for the sox and help lead the sox to the playoffs..why would we trade a player who prolly has his trade value at its lowest in years?

i agree with trading Lee because we have plenty of rigth handed bats and he really doesnt do any spectacular that we would miss...i bet the sox will let colon go but i wonder if we could get him for a cheap price..he can be a solid pitcher for any team and i think that this year is a fluke and that he can win us 17-20 games consistently

i agree with trading Lee because we have plenty of rigth handed bats and he really doesnt do any spectacular that we would miss...i bet the sox will let colon go but i wonder if we could get him for a cheap price..he can be a solid pitcher for any team and i think that this year is a fluke and that he can win us 17-20 games consistently

It just doesnt appear that he is pitching like he wants to be here anyways. Is another year gonna change that? The guy just appears not to try.

olivo is a catcher with perhaps the strongest arm in the american league...(remember him throwing out crawford in tampa bay)...a catcher isnt expected to hit and the only catchers who hit well are ones who suck at defense...i think the sox have plenty of bats and need olivo's arm and defense much more than his hitting ability..

As for Konerko i think he will be one of the better hitters in the second half for the sox and help lead the sox to the playoffs..why would we trade a player who prolly has his trade value at its lowest in years?

1. Ivan Rodriguez excels at both. Even guys like Matheny can hit. Olivo has a good arm, but i think he's pretty poor at blocking balls in the dirt - there's definitely room for improvement. But i'll give him time. It would help if he swung at strikes and hit as many fastballs as possible

2. What impresses me about PK is even the foul balls he's hitting. He seems right on top of most pitches now. And i'll watch him yank one foul, well hit. Usually you'd think well there goes his one good hack, now he'll make an out. Nope. He just stays right on that pitch again and drills it for a hit this time. He seems to be seeing the ball a lot better, but only he could tell ya that.

he has pitched the most complete games on our team and he still is doing ok...at least he isnt putting up todd ritche numbers....i think the sox will let him go but if he ends the year at .500 we can get him for less..just because a player performs lower than expected doesnt mean he doesnt want to be here...if that was true than Konerko must really want to be traded.

he has pitched the most complete games on our team and he still is doing ok...at least he isnt putting up todd ritche numbers....i think the sox will let him go but if he ends the year at .500 we can get him for less..just because a player performs lower than expected doesnt mean he doesnt want to be here...if that was true than Konerko must really want to be traded.

He's not pitching like Bartolo Colon...the colon i know goes after hitters, challenges them with heat that they cant catch up to. The Bartolo COlon I see this year is going after corners, throwing 90 mph, and that COlon is getting lit up.

ivan rodriguez started his career the same way olivo is..i think in about 2 years olivo will be the best defensive catcher in the league and carry a solid bat he just needs the time...he's a rookie..how much do you expect from him??

I agree with you about Konerko and in baseball sometimes things don't go your way,but in the end it all works itself out

well any colon is better than a pitcher we would get to replace him...in my mind buerhle,colon, and loazia sounds like one of the best combinations in baseball...i garuanntee that he will have a much better second half than the first half

He's not pitching like Bartolo Colon...the colon i know goes after hitters, challenges them with heat that they cant catch up to. The Bartolo COlon I see this year is going after corners, throwing 90 mph, and that COlon is getting lit up.

Did you watch his last start. He was going after the corner against lefties everytime one came up. His only problem was that the umpire wasn't calling the strikes that he threw. For instance on the Dimitri Young atbat where he hit the homer in the 2nd inning the pitch before the homer he threw a great pitch that was a strike but the ump called it a ball. This happened 3 or 4 more times in the game also where he threw a great pitch for a strike 3 but the ump called a ball, and on the very next pitch the Tigers score runs.