Ozzie: Still Not a Fan of Wrigley Field

ThunderBolt

Ozzie Guillen claims he pukes every time he goes into Wrigley Field.

"I see the other day they asked (Twins third baseman Joe) Crede about the rats (in Wrigley) ... I never put the Cubs fans down, I've always admired the Cubs' front office, I've always made my feelings known about Cubs players, about the manager, about Lou (Piniella) now, (general manager) Jim Hendry and the way I respect them, a lot, a lot.

''But Wrigley Field? I puke every time I go there. I'm just being honest.

''If the Cubs fans don't like the way I talk about Wrigley Field ... I don't say anything about their fans, but Wrigley Field? They have to respect my opinion because that's the way I feel. A lot of great people are working there, the clubhouse people working there - I wish they had a better clubhouse, but besides that, it's exciting when the game starts. Of course it's exciting because that's one of the best, it's always crowded. But besides that, it's terrible.'' "

http://www.southtownstar.com/sports/162269...soxntbk.article

Mariotti just ripped Ozzie for this on ATH. He stated Ozzie's act of saying this every year is getting "stale". The host asked him if he was going to say that to Ozzie's face and Mariotti said yes, if Ozzie would come pay him a visit. I hope Ozzie does just that.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Mariotti just ripped Ozzie for this on ATH. He stated Ozzie's act of saying this every year is getting "stale". The host asked him if he was going to say that to Ozzie's face and Mariotti said yes, if Ozzie would come pay him a visit. I hope Ozzie does just that.

Yes, that would be much more effective than just gameplanning and shutting the f*** up.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
******** just ripped Ozzie for this on ATH. He stated Ozzie's act of saying this every year is getting "stale". The host asked him if he was going to say that to Ozzie's face and ******** said yes, if Ozzie would come pay him a visit. I hope Ozzie does just that.

A general request to anyone who is reading this post - please don't mention that guy's name on here ever again, if at all possible. Please?

Hineybird runs his mouth on TV but when the host asked him if he'd visit Ozzie, Hineybird replies "he should come see me." Wow this guy is such a little weasel. He should learn from the phrase "don't write checks with your mouth that your body can't cash."

I think ozzie was very honest and forthcoming with his comments. And before someone says, he should shut up, the reporters asked him about it multiple times and he answered in a very diplomatic way. Ozzie said he liked the fans, the org, and the players, but just hated the building, not unlike how just about every player in the majors feels about the terrible conditions on and off the field.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 02:24 PM)

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Hineybird runs his mouth on TV but when the host asked him if he'd visit Ozzie, Hineybird replies "he should come see me." Wow this guy is such a little weasel. He should learn from the phrase "don't write checks with your mouth that your body can't cash."

Seriously, a couple of reporters trying to antagonize a former pro athlete. A fairly unstable one at that. They'd get their lunches handed to them

Cub fans get upset when Ozzie talks about his dislike for Wrigley. Are these the same morons that repeatedly trash the field when an umpire's call goes against the Cubs? They are certainly showing how much respect they have for the game and ballpark when they do that. It's an embarrassment to the city.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
Hineybird just ripped Ozzie for this on ATH. He stated Ozzie's act of saying this every year is getting "stale". The host asked him if he was going to say that to Ozzie's face and Hineybird said yes, if Ozzie would come pay him a visit. I hope Ozzie does just that.

It's not Ozzie's job to talk to reporters, it's the reporters job to talk to Ozzie. Jay whatshisname is one of the worst, and the dude can't handle any criticism he receives.