Cincinnati

YASNY

I'm considering going to Cinci for the Saturday and Sunday games this weekend. Anybody have any recommendations as far as a good, reasonable hotel that's located near that ballpark? Any other type of advice would we be welcome as well ... bars, restaurants, etc.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
I'm considering going to Cinci for the Saturday and Sunday games this weekend. Anybody have any recommendations as far as a good, reasonable hotel that's located near that ballpark? Any other type of advice would we be welcome as well ... bars, restaurants, etc.

I'm staying at a Sheraton in Cincy. It's like 13 miles from the GAB.

All I know is there are plenty of Waffle House's around there, so I'm all set. :headbang

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)

In '06 I booked a downtown Holiday Inn on Hotwire for $50/night. About 5 blocks from Great American. The downtown bars were loaded with Sox fans on the Saturday night, though that WAS the celebration season.

Saw Garland hit a 3 run jack in an 8-1 Sox win, and got my only foul ball in a lifetime of attending games.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)

All the good bars in Cincy are either in Mt Adams (their lincoln park about 2 miles outside of DT), or across the river in KY. I would recommend staying directly downtown or across the river depending on prices. You can literally walk or drive to the park with no issue.

And ILL be there so you can buy me a beer if you show up. I'll be camped at hofbrauhaus before the game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
All the good bars in Cincy are either in Mt Adams (their lincoln park about 2 miles outside of DT), or across the river in KY. I would recommend staying directly downtown or across the river depending on prices. You can literally walk or drive to the park with no issue.

And ILL be there so you can buy me a beer if you show up. I'll be camped at hofbrauhaus before the game.

Rock, if we cross paths I'll gladly buy you a beer.

GAB is a really nice ballpark. Nothing flashy, but it doesn't try to be anything it isn't. Just a nice place to watch a game with generally nice fans.

Personally I thought it was a glorified Minor League park. I'd put it a tick below our ballpark, so that's not too bad.

we stayed at a hotel just over the bridge in kentucky when we went in 06. I think it was the econolodge or something. It was a cheap, seedy place, but a 10 minute walk to the park, which was well worth the seediness.

QUOTE (Shamrock4Life @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
you should lose all posting privileges for a year for writing that skyline is "good stuff." its basically what just came out of my ass on noodles with cheese on top.

to each, his own.

Well, I won't be going to Cinci. The "main" reason I was going is unable to go, if you catch my drift. So I'll spend some time with my son this weekend on beautiful Kentucky Lake. Either way, it's going to be a good weekend.