6/18 Games

flavum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bomb for Flowers. That's #10. That's just short of 30 HR pace in a Major League season and he's only 23. I'm not gonna start calling for a promotion considering the strikeouts and the AJ situation, but with the way the guys have been going up it wouldn't surprise me.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Bomb for Flowers. That's #10. That's just short of 30 HR pace in a Major League season and he's only 23. I'm not gonna start calling for a promotion considering the strikeouts and the AJ situation, but with the way the guys have been going up it wouldn't surprise me.

If there's a spot on the 40 man and he's still producing like this I'd lay solid money you'll see him in a Sox jersey this September.

Hopefully now that the Barons lost some of its key players Shelby starts to heat up, always been a favorite of mine and he was the one guy who has been dissapointing so far on that team. I still think between Viciedo, Flowers, Danks, and Shelby that team will be a force to reckon with, Im assuming Cook will be gone when Danks returns. Be interesting to see if Marrero keeps on hitting and turns himself into a legit prospect.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
CJ does it again. Double to knock in a run with two outs in the 9th. 4-4.

:notworthy

He's had more big hits late in games than anyone in our minor league organization. Not just this year. All 3 years he's been with us.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
Viciedo wins it with a basehit. This team is awesome.

:headbang

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
Torres starting for the Knights

Corky Miller DHing, find that kinda funny.

What else is he going to do? Catch? Like I said, you could have him as a third catcher/DH, or David Cook who can play LF, CF, RF & DH. Or hell, even Dewayne Wise. I don't want to hear the numbers game crap in regard to David Cook when the big fat number is Corky Miller as the third catcher.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
Bad defense by Gartrell and Viciedo led to four unearned runs for Harrell. Barons trail 4-3 going to the 9th

It was Retherford's fault, it was Gartrell's ball.