Gov. Sanford

lostfan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
It's always more complicated than that with kids involved.

Having been a child in that situation, it is the sissy way out. Divorce, while not easy, is much better than what happens after an affair.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
It's always more complicated than that with kids involved.

True. Even the simple solutions become complicated. However, SS is dead on correct. Especially for a family whose problems will be played out on the front pages of local newspapers. This global adulterer managed to take what would have been a complicated, state wide scandal and moved it into a more complicated, international scandal, for his family.

QUOTE (Nixon @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 01:38 PM)
They should have just joined a swinger's club. That's what my parents did. Still together nearly 25 years later.

I think me and my wife might have met them on a few "occasions".

• 2 weeks later...
Someone at WSJ should be fired for today's story. Ridiculous."

Having known the Governor for years and even worked with him when he would host radio shows for me -- I find this story and the media frenzy surrounding it to be absolutely ridiculous! Please give him my best.

If you all want to speak on this publicly, you're welcome to Washington Times Radio. You know that you will be on friendly ground here!

As you may know, I declared myself Governor of South Carolina last night. I went power mad for abut 40 seconds before learning that Gov. Sanford was returning today.

If the governor is looking for a friendly place to make light of what I think is a small story that got blown out of scale I would be happy to have him on. In person here, on the phone, or in South Carolina.

Stay strong, Stephen

Those are actual emails sent to members of Governor Sanford's staff during the 5 day period where he was totally missing assuring his staff that this was no big deal and the media attention was silly. They were sent, respectively, by reporters from the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, Washington Times, and Stephen Colbert.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
Those are actual emails sent to members of Governor Sanford's staff during the 5 day period where he was totally missing assuring his staff that this was no big deal and the media attention was silly. They were sent, respectively, by reporters from the Wall Street Journal, Fox News, Washington Times, and Stephen Colbert.

And the emails may, or may not, be what they actually thought. Buddying up to staffers is a well worn path to a story.