7/5 Sox @ Royals 1:10 WGN

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
Why does Alexei play so far up the middle when every pitch is a fastball on the inner half? It's beyond frustrating watching him be so clueless at SS this season.

Well, Guillen defended him after the play yesterday, saying that playing deep in the hole was their traditional positioning against Guillen...although why you'd play someone that far away from the bag that you could never get there in time to turn a DP is beyond me.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
Well, Guillen defended him after the play yesterday, saying that playing deep in the hole was their traditional positioning against Guillen...although why you'd play someone that far away from the bag that you could never get there in time to turn a DP is beyond me.

Of course he's going to defend him. That's the coaching staff's fault, not Alexei's.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:05 PM)
What do you think his ideal position is? 2b? CF?

2nd base, no question about it. It's not like Getz is a superstar in the making. However, Ozzie will never move Alexei, so it's up to the coaching staff to position him more effectively.

Ramirez has a bit of a "rangy/tall" frame for SS, there's no doubt about that.

I just hope all those annointing Beckham as a "very good" SS are happy with what they get...just like Crede, I can't wait for the "Alexei would have gotten an out there" comments.

I actually get to watch this game. I think it's the first of the season I'll actually get to sit and enjoy this one instead of watching the gamecast on Yahoo!

Nice going Getzy, good base running AJ.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
This umpiring crew just sucks

whoever was at 1st yesterday hosed Pauly and I believe Dye on checked swings. Konerko's was DEFINITELY a non swing