Indians interested in Gobble...

JPN366

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:27 PM)
We won't trade him to Cleveland unless for some unknown reason they give up something worth while for him.

Maybe an A ball guy or a AAA vet?

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
you trade Gobble to Cleveland instantly. It's not like he's good. If anything, trading him to Cleveland probably helps the Sox win a couple more games this season

Especially if Konerko is hitting against him.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:08 AM)
sarcastic or not, if the Sox got Barfield or Marte for Jimmy f***ing Gobble, KW immediately wins GM of the decade

They keep bouncing Barfield up and down from Triple A, might as well buy low, you never know what could happen.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
You know your bullpen is in trouble when you might think about trading for Jim Gobble.

i guess the indians have used 26 pitchers this season so far. mlb record is 32.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
The Indians would want Gobble for the same reason the Sox did. Lefties are in demand. He can pitch in the bullpen and still has some value. What is a fair return is a question I can't answer.

His leftiness has to be a major factor. Heck, the Sox have a handful of relievers in AAA that I'd think they would rather have, and could be had for near-nothing, but they pitch righthanded.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:25 AM)
The Indians would want Gobble for the same reason the Sox did. Lefties are in demand. He can pitch in the bullpen and still has some value. What is a fair return is a question I can't answer.

Pick a random player from the lower levels of the Indians system who is totally unheralded and probably has a 5% chance of ever making the big leagues and a 0.1% chance of ever being really good. That's fair value.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
Pick a random player from the lower levels of the Indians system who is totally unheralded and probably has a 5% chance of ever making the big leagues and a 0.1% chance of ever being really good. That's fair value.

Exactly. At this point, we were ready to cut him loose for nothing. If a team actually WANTS to give us anything for him, you do it.