SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
Did anyone see WGN's 10 top Chicago sports moment of the last 10 years today? Unbelievable

please don't tell me zambranos no hitter beat the world series?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
please don't tell me zambranos no hitter beat the world series?

#1 was Bartman

#2 was Hester's Super Bowl kickoff return

#3 was Sox winning World Series.

I know Zambrano's no-hitter was higher than Pods walkoff in the WS. Buehrle's no-hitter didn't make it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
#1 was Bartman

I know Zambrano's no-hitter was higher than Pods walkoff in the WS. Buehrle's no-hitter didn't make it.

It's WGN didn't expect much else.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
#1 was Bartman

I'm surprised Ditka and Ozzy Osbourne singing "Take Me out to the Ballgame" didn't rank higher than a World Series.

1. 8th Inning Nightmare / 10.14.2003

Five outs from the World Series, the Cubs suffer nightmare 8th inning of Game 6 of the NLCS as fan Steve Bartman interferes with Moises Alou's attempt to catch a foul ball, followed by Alex Gonzalez muffing an inning-ending double-play ball; Marlins win the game and later the series.

2. Hester, You Are Ridiculous / 02.4.2007

Following a regular season in which he returned six kicks/punts for touchdowns, Bears rookie Devin Hester returns the opening kickoff of Super Bowl XLI for a touchdown, the first time in Super Bowl history that feat is accomplished.

3. Series Champs / 10.26.2005

In the only run of the game, Jermaine Dye hits a game-winning RBI single and after an 88-year drought the White Sox become World Series Champions, sweeping the Astros in four games.

4. Say It Ain't So(sa) / 06.3.2003

Sammy Sosa is caught with a corked bat and ejected from the game; claims he mistakenly used a batting practice bat.

5. Cross-town Quarrel / 05.20.2006

Cubs catcher Michael Barrett ignites a bench-clearing brawl by sucker punching the White Sox's A.J. Pierzynski after a collision at the plate.

6. Desert Miracle / 10.16.2006

Trailing 20-0 at halftime of Monday Night Football vs. the Cardinals, the Bears' defense stages an incredible fourth quarter comeback; Mike Brown and Charles Tilllman both return fumbles for touchdowns and Devin Hester returns a punt 83 yards for a touchdown and the Bears win 24-23.

7. One for Sweetness / 11.7.1999

In their first Bears game since the shocking passing of NFL legend Walter Payton, the Bears defeat their storied rival Packers 14-13 (the team's first win over the Packers since 1993) on a blocked field goal by DT Bryan Robinson.

8. One for the Ages / 04.30.2009

Bulls force a game seven in its first round playoff series with defending NBA Champion Celtics with a triple-overtime, 128-127 thriller that features Joakim Noah's steal, full-court drive, dunk and three-point play that fouls out Paul Pierce with 35 seconds left.

9. Big Z, Big No-No / 09.14.2008

Carlos Zambrano throws the first no-hitter by a Cubs pitcher in 36 years, against the Astros, at neutral Miller Park in Milwaukee.

10. Don't Stop Believin' / 10.23.2005

Scott Podsednik, who had not hit a home run during the regular season, blasts a solo homer to center field in the bottom of the ninth off closer Brad Lidge to lift the Chicago White Sox to a 7-6 win and put the team up two games to one in the World Series.