SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:54 AM)
It's quite obvious he has mancrushes on a number of the Twins. Mauer is legit though, as he's probably a top 5 player in the league right now. I wonder how the Cubs feel about picking Prior over him. Who was catching for them at the time, Todd Hundley? fathom.....?

Damien Miller and Paul Bako maybe?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Does anybody know the facts? Our record in this s*** dome the last 4-5 years?

We were 1-8 last year. Better in the past though, but probably not a ton.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
Well, I wouldn't go that far. We though Allen had value and we dealt him for a RP. We'd probably deal Poreda for a backup middle infielder.

If it's the right deal, Poreda could/should be gone.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:57 AM)
Don't see JR and KW investing $125-150 million into Joe Mauer when the Yankees will throw it at him to replace Posado or whoever is catching there in 2010.

Yankees are grooming some young superstar catchers though. I bet Mauer stays in Minnesota.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
Don't see JR and KW investing $125-150 million into Joe Mauer when the Yankees will throw it at him to replace Posado or whoever is catching there in 2010.

Konerko would be gone, Mauer is a good citizen. JR stepped up for Albert Belle. Weakening his big rival and picking up a future HOFer in his prime, that money could be a bargain. Not saying there's much of a chance, but if they were willing to bust the budget on Hunter, Mauer is a no brainer. Chances are though the Twins arent' going to let him go, and if they did, they would trade him first and not to the White Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
Yankees are grooming some young superstar catchers though. I bet Mauer stays in Minnesota.

doesn't mean mauer won't find himself at 1b with Tex DH though

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
wow 1-8 and we still won the division. Amazing.

both the sox and twins (and most teams in baseball) were far better at home last seaon than on the road. same goes for the twins this year. sox have been consistent in both this year

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
Konerko would be gone, Mauer is a good citizen. JR stepped up for Albert Belle. Weakening his big rival and picking up a future HOFer in his prime, that money could be a bargain. Not saying there's much of a chance, but if they were willing to bust the budget on Hunter, Mauer is a no brainer. Chances are though the Twins arent' going to let him go, and if they did, they would trade him first and not to the White Sox.

I don't see them going after the guy that can set his price tag north of $20 million a year.