SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not normally a head hunter type....but if this game gets out of hand this is a perfect game to make the rest of the season series a bit better by buzzing the tower on Morneau...let me see him lean out over the plate and try to pull breaking balls on the outside corner after we buzz the tower

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:34 AM)
Keep it at 4 and things can still work out. I don't understand Danks' tentative-ness. He dominated this team last October.

I'm calling bulls*** with the tentativeness thing. He got squeezed mightily against Span, and then he didn't give in to two of the best hitters in baseball on a 3-2 count. Kubel always destroys the Sox, so that's nothing new. I think it's pretty pathetic by Hawk to go nuts on Danks like this and call him out.

So, Danks has just pitched a grueling inning where he walked four and all of them scored, how quickly does the offense go down?

I'm thinking a six pitch inning for Blackburn. You know, since it's THE DOME and we suddenly play like frightened girls. May as well give up now!!!

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:34 PM)
I genuinely think the strike zone against the first batter rattled Danksy.

darling didn't call s*** that entire inning for danks though....lots of borderline pitches and none of them were strikes....i'm really ok with that...thats fine, as long as he is consistent throughout the game

Wow, I am legitimately angry right now. Like, livid. With how f***ing flukey the Twins are in the dome as it is, we don't need the umpire f***ing us over too. f***ing bulls***.

I'm on the verge of a meltdown.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
I'm calling bulls*** with the tentativeness thing. He got squeezed mightily against Span, and then he didn't give in to two of the best hitters in baseball on a 3-2 count. Kubel always destroys the Sox, so that's nothing new. I think it's pretty pathetic by Hawk to go nuts on Danks like this and call him out.

He threw 3-2 cutters that missed by more than a little. He wasn't his aggressive self.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
pitching Richard on 3 days rest was absolutely idiotic

It does seem if we brought up a random minor leaguer like Ely, Cassel, Harrell, Omogrosso, etc., they couldn't have done a whole lot worse yesterday than what Clayton came up with....

I still won't equate the rotation juggling with the level of anger I had not letting Buehrle start at Yankee Stadium in the late summer of 03.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:36 PM)

he's gotta face them more than once so hopefully he can pull something out his you know what...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)

glad i'm watching the twins feed. although all of these crowd shots are disturbing. I don't think i've ever seen so many white people in one place. Do they have border guards in Minnesota?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
He threw 3-2 cutters that missed by more than a little. He wasn't his aggressive self.

I thought the pitches to Mauer and Morneau on 3-2 that were both close enough that 90 pct of the hitters in baseball swing at them. If he threw a fastball down the middle that Morneau hit a slam on, we'd be upset.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)

Exactly. Its pretty bad when even Hawk isn't complaining that the umpires are cheating us. That should tell you something.

you're fired up, I like it!

I'm just tired of getting bent over and brutally ass-rammed in this f***ing dome. Crede is a Twin now, meaning I f***ing despise him.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
This game and game thread look so much like the ones from yesterday.

Let's score some runs.

We are in the house of horror's totally different than yesterday!

Fathom, you're off here. He was pitching with a full diaper.

If you can't hit near the plate with the first three balls, don't expect the close pitches to be called.

Didn't he know there's such a thing as an inside corner that last inning?