State your unpopular opinions

BigSqwert

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:10 AM)
You win. But while doing my research, I found this to be interesting....

I was an advocate at my college for 4 years, I sat in on school hearings and legal cases. That does not surprise me. The first thing about that work that surprised me was how nice, normal and handsome a lot of the rapists were. But after the first year nothing surprised me again.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:23 AM)
End all U.S aid to Israel.

End all military aid to Colombia.

Restore full relations with Cuba.

That'd be a disaster considering they are one of our more powerful allies.

All gov't current gov't employees should have their pensions moved into 401k's.

All former gov't workers should have their pensions cut 25%.

No gov't worker shall receive more than one pension.

I think I just cut the deficits of the states by 75%..

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
I'm just wondering, how do women commit rape? Most men can overpower most women. Does that include women seducing men?

Coercion. A guy may get turned on and then decide he doesn't want to have sex--you have a right to change your mind. If consent is not freely given, if someone is too drunk to get consent. I'm sure there are multiple ways for women to do it. We just don't do it as often.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Do you hold any controversial opinions? You don't necessarily have to justify or defend your opinions, only to state them. Here's a few to start:

1 - All guns should be outlawed. If you get caught with a gun you pay a $5K fine for your first offense. $10K for a second offense. Your wages and income tax return will be garnished until the fine is paid. EDIT: no jail time.

2 - If you decide to have more than 2 children you pay a one time $10,000 penalty for each additional child after 2.

3 - All drugs should be legalized.

Lets hear what you've got.

What's #2 about?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
What's #2 about?

I'm assuming he wants us to be more like China?

I'd be screwed cause I want at least 5 kids... damn, that's 30 grand right there.

What if you have triplets? Sorry, you had 3 kids, fork over 10 k!

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
All gov't current gov't employees should have their pensions moved into 401k's.

All former gov't workers should have their pensions cut 25%.

No gov't worker shall receive more than one pension.

I think I just cut the deficits of the states by 75%..

Does that include military pensions? Cops who quit the force and become firefighters? If someone works job A and receives a pension for it, and someone else works job B and receives a pension for it, how would that be cheaper than a single person?

And would you also cut social security 25%?

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Coercion. A guy may get turned on and then decide he doesn't want to have sex--you have a right to change your mind. If consent is not freely given, if someone is too drunk to get consent. I'm sure there are multiple ways for women to do it. We just don't do it as often.

Soxy, giving that PhD in Psychology a workout today. :headbang Giving away Psychology lessons is bad business for a Professor ;)

Remember Tex's favorite saying, you can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 08:23 AM)

I'd add the qualifier to the Israel one...until they pull back all of their west bank settlements other than within the city limits of Jerusalem and pull their forces out of Gaza.

No opinion on the Columbian aid. Strongly agree on the Cuban one...whenever that embargo ends that's going to be a great vacation spot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:56 AM)
I'd add the qualifier to the Israel one...until they pull back all of their west bank settlements other than within the city limits of Jerusalem and pull their forces out of Gaza.

No opinion on the Columbian aid. Strongly agree on the Cuban one...whenever that embargo ends that's going to be a great vacation spot.

Not immediately, but within 5 years. And I personally can't wait to go there once that does happen.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)

Israel - I would strongly disagree, we need a strong ally over there and they are it.

Colombia - Yes and no. We mean well by giving them aid (Venezuela; drug war) but it is improperly used there and their government can be shaky. I could go either way on that one.

Cuba - I think that's becoming the popular feeling now, actually.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
Yeah, opposed to how well things are going over there now.

Granted things aren't doing great over there, but I can't see how anything can get better if lose an ally like them.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)

I was going to say, also, statutory rape. Not forcible rape like you'd think of, but, say, a 28 year old teacher playing with a 14 year old student. That does happen, and its rape for a reason - its high manipulation and abuse.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 09:34 AM)
I just think population expansion is getting too large and resources of all kind will be dwindling in no time.

I'd counter that population expansion inside the U.S. isn't the problem (hell, we have a 10 year supply of affordable housing already built for them for some reason!). It's population expansion in the developing world, like it has been for the last 40 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
I'd counter that population expansion inside the U.S. isn't the problem (hell, we have a 10 year supply of affordable housing already built for them for some reason!). It's population expansion in the developing world, like it has been for the last 40 years.

Housing is one thing but I'm talking about natural resources like water.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
Housing is one thing but I'm talking about natural resources like water.

As I've said before, 50 years from now, when oil is less of an issue, the battles over fresh water will make the battles over oil look tame.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
As I've said before, 50 years from now, when oil is less of an issue, the battles over fresh water will make the battles over oil look tame.

If we can get ourselves off of fossil fuel energy and on to renewable energy, then ending battles over water is a simple matter of building more solar plants.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 15, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)

De-desalinization plants?